Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sarah2501, Mar 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarah2501

sarah2501 Member

Why me? sorry being selfish.
    Why any of us?
    Have we done something wrong in the past or just we lucked out in the game of chance - and if so why not just cut our losses now and end the suffering? :sad:
  2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF. I'm new here also, but have a lot of life experience and knowledge of depression I can share with you.

You're not selfish..a lot of us go through the "why me" phase. I don't think most of us have done anything 'wrong', per se, just made poor decisions or have had horrible things done to us which has led us here. Some of the decisions stay with us for awhile, but most can be corrected or adjusted to, given time.

As far as 'cutting the losses', just being here is a great beginning to understanding why we haven't yet done so. If you are as young as most at this site, you have an opportunity to enjoy some of the wonders of life.

Most of us continue to battle for years and years in the hope of getting to a better place. Just stick around and see what happens. You are welcome to send me a pm any time.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Sarah :)

Welcome to SF :welcome:

I'm glad you found us :hug:

I don't know the answers to your questions :( but would you like to talk about whats happening for you? We will listen and help to the best of our ability, you can PM me too x
  4. sarah2501

sarah2501 Member

Thankyou both for your replies.
  5. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

"life is a test and I get bad marks" - sums it up for me.

i failed the test.

welcome btw, how are you? what brings you here?
  6. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

welcome to the forum :hug:

I don't have the answers, and it is probably a question many people ask themselves. But hopefully the forum will aid you in finding a way forward in a positive way and perhaps even help you to find the answers to some of your questions along the way :hug:

7. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Welcome Sarah !

I don't know about finding answers here, but I do know you'll find support and the nagging to keep you struggling against those dark tides that pull at each of us.

I wish I knew why I was troubled with this affliction. :unsure:
  8. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Maybe a better question is "Why NOT me?" Are any of us so wonderful and perfect that we should be above normal human suffering? The best thing we can do is learn from the things we experience in life, apply that knowledge to making our lives better and hope (or pray if you believe in God) that the rest will take care of itself.

Trust me that once you go from "why me?" to "what can I do to fix this?", things tend to get a whole lot better and you feel much more empowered to affect positive changes in your own life.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.