why?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by jenn, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenn

jenn Member

Why is it when your really struggling and have soo much to say that its hardest to speak? I know I need to speak to someone but dunno where to start does any1 have any advice?

Much appreciated

2. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Try a therapist.

3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Tell us a little of what's going on...whatever you are comfortable with...we'll try and help you.

4. jenn

jenn Member

i've tried therapists but end up sitting in silence or telling them what they want to hear even though before i go in i've promised myself i'll do the opposite! I've got the odd person I can talk to but when things get really bad i cant face going out and i just get worse and worse I've got helpline numbers but could never phone 1. I'm probs just rambling on now soz.

5. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Jenn.

I have always found it difficult when it comes to speaking about me.

Perhaps when you get to know us a bit better & feel more settled, you'll be able to tell us what has brought you here?

Baby steps hun, nobody will push you, when you are ready to talk you will.

:hug: xx

6. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Perhaps it'd be easier for you to tell a therapist, or a friend, something by writing it down? In some of my in school counselling sessions i would write everything i wanted to say down,and then the therapist would read it and comment on it, and if i still didn't feel comfortable talking if she asked questions about what i wrote, she allowed me to write the answers down and she would read them. This can be a lengthy and sometimes tiring process but if you can't talk about yourself verbally, it may be easier for you to express yourself by pen. You could give it a go. :hug:

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Jenn,

Try writing down what you want to say. When I was seeing a therapist,I always wrote everything down beforehand otherwise I couldn't say what i really wanted to.
    A close friend, or close relative that you already trust would probably be the best person to open up to first.

8. scorpio63

scorpio63 New Member & Antiquities Friend

Jenn feel free to ramble, roaming thoughts sometimes paint a better picture. It just may take a little longer to see it.
    You can say what you feel like saying, I for one won't judge you. I believe those who would judge you will get flamed, it's happened before. The moderators here seem to be very good and quick to act.

9. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I think one reason might be because when you've been really down for a long time or you've have periods of ups and downs for many years, you've had many inner conversations and arguments with yourself and you've gone over and over everything you could possibly say and the most likely responses in your mind.

I've personally found that when I express myself to people who are major figures in my life and they don't listen to me or they blame all my problems on me and tell me to knock it off or something, it makes me less likely to talk to them in the future. I figure they don't really want to hear my side of things and how I feel and that they don't really believe there's a legitimate problem.

10. scorpio63

scorpio63 New Member & Antiquities Friend

Jenn, how are you doing? Talk to us please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.