Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by lilmegt1, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilmegt1

lilmegt1 Member

Why dont people care anymore? family especially, they make me feel like shit, they dont even care that i tried killing myself, i was just in the hospital. They dont seem to care, wtf?
  2. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I see that you are new so welcome and if you stick around here more you will see that many people feel this way. Well I have a good idea about what is going on based upon my experience and that of others. It goes like this....
    Our family members, and yes even our friends, really do give a damn about us. The problem is they feel so helpless and unable to "fix" it for us they just shut down, they literally shut down their emotions regarding this matter leaving us feel as if they don't care. I think if you look at the over all picture you will see that they care but just are not able to support you in the way you are needing. Contemplating and/or attempting suicide is intense and most people either are scared or can not relate so they just simply shut down, shut out and don't deal.
    I am sorry that family is not there the way you are needing but here you will find not only understanding but that support. We don't shut down, we have been there. We don't shut out because we know what is like to feel alone. We deal with you ..because we care and because we deal with this shit basically daily.
    I would like to hear more of your story if you would like to share...you will find that there are others that can relate and want to help you as well.
    Take care and please remember your family does love you although they may not be able to express it to you,
  3. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

Megan, I care about you. I deeply and truely do. We're best friends. Trust me, you're family may have some really..well, fucked up ways of saying they care but, they do. And if they don't, I do. Morgan does. I'm sure Allie and Cayla do. And Steph too. Even though you guys fought over it. Please, next time you get the urge to kill yourself, self hard, or think no one cares, think twice and call me, or text me. anything. I'm here for ya' girly. =]
  4. serena

serena Well-Known Member

hi. i hope that your experience in the hospital was helpful. i know it has helped me and i am actually returning to a residential place (unlocked) in 4 days. but back to you, i'm sure your family does care about you but they just don't know what to say or do. if they don't understand, which seems like the situation, they may take the easy way out and just ignore it. they may not even realize that them taking a step back is hurting you even more. i hope you can find the support you need from them asap! keep us updated if you can and don't forget your not alone.
  5. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

Families can just be plain stupid and hurtful at times like these, sometimes it's because they are scared, not sure what to do, or feel powerless. Sometimes, they just can't be the people we need them to be, and that sucks, and that's when you have to turn to others for love, support and comfort. Your family loves you, but sometimes that is not enough and you need more. I hope you can connect with others who can be there for you.
  6. Lost.

Lost. Well-Known Member

I'm truly sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope you turn things around.

I hate to sound insensitive, but...

Even intimates can only have so much compassion.

Maybe you should put yourself in their shoes.

You completely disregarded their feelings by attempting suicide and seem to expect them to be a fountain of warmth towards you.

You want them to be sympathetic to your pain but didn't stop to think about the pain your actions would cause them.

I don't know your family, but I don't think they mean to be as cold as you think. They may just be emotionally drained and you expect too much from them at this point. Suicide is the ultimate disservice to those you love.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.