Why?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sapphicgamer, Jan 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sapphicgamer

Sapphicgamer Member

Why do I feel so lonely when I am surrounded by people who care for me?
    Why do I feel so sad when I have so much I should be happy about?

I feel guilty for feeling so dark when I have so much I should be grateful for...

2. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

That's how depression makes you feel.

3. Sapphicgamer

Sapphicgamer Member

I know that in my mind, but that doesn't make me feel any better... Thinking of myself as having a mental illness just makes me feel even more damaged...

4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I think sometimes we just want to wallow. I am guilty of doing the same. Until the day I decided I was annoyed with being sad all the time, and started feeling happier. Sometimes it is that simple.

Remember in the end the power to feel happy is inside of you. Maybe you feel like being happy is an act of selfishness.... I do not know, just remember you have the power in you.

5. Sapphicgamer

Sapphicgamer Member

I want to feel happy... I miss being happy... Wanting to be happy just makes me feel worse. I should be happy... I guess I'm just weak.

6. gamergirl

gamergirl Well-Known Member

think about the positive things. you have your hearing, your sight, your health, a place to live, food to eat. alot of people are suffering alot worse than all of us. you should be grateful

7. Sapphicgamer

Sapphicgamer Member

Gamergirl, as I've already said, thinking about how I should be grateful and happy just makes me feel guilty and sad.

8. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Wanting something is seen as greedy, greed is seen as bad. That is why we feel bad when we want something. Remember it is not wrong to have desires of any kind. Just do not let those desires consume your life.

:mhmm: Here is a song that makes me feel better about wanting something.

One more thing here is a true story. :cool: I have lived it, to a small degree.

9. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

Having a mental Illness isn't a bad thing;letting it dominate YOU is the bad thing. But you have the option to withstand It! It's not a terminal disease! There many coping techniques,try them all if u have to!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.