Why?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by AfterFact, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AfterFact

AfterFact Well-Known Member

And this is why I don't like medication. When side effects make my already existing asthma worse and cause me to not breathe in the middle of a race, make me lightheaded for no apparent reason and generally make me feel like shit at the absolute worse of timing, I struggle to take the positive effects seriously. I would rather have a hard time paying attention in class and actually have to try to keep my grades up, then make running races a living hell at times and at times completely suck the joy out of what I love to do. Sometimes the hard way is the only way, medication doesn't make me better, it simply treats the symptoms, for both physical or mental illnesses. When its a emergency and I need immediate stabilization, medication is fine. But after I'm stable, my doctor should be taking me off medication, not adding more and increasing doses. I hate depending on chemical substances to survive or function, I don't see how that helps me, the core problem remains untouched, I would rather suffer in the short-term and learn and improve rather than spend the rest of my life consuming crazy pills and legal stimulants.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope that you can discuss with your doc what is best for YOU hun maybe therapy is the way to go but you advocate for what you want and need ok hugs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.