Why's Finding a Painfree, Instant Way to Kill Myself so Difficult?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Shogun, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

I'm not asking for people to post methods.... I know that's against your precious "rules."

But finding a suitable, painfree, non-suffering way to end my hell shouldn't be this difficult. Everytime I think I find a new option.... a new hope..... something always comes up to burst my bubble.

All I want is to not exist anymore, to finally rest in peace.

Terminating my miserable existence in painless, traumaticless fashion shouldn't be this difficult.

2. hopeless

hopeless Well-Known Member

sorry, there's really no way to end your life that is painfree.

take it from me. i've done some of the so-called painless methods and they are not painfree. the drift off into sleep and die thing, that doesn't happen.

i hope that you can heal.

3. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Because aiding suicide is illegal and no one wants to go to jail. Hey, you asked.

4. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Yeah....

I'm not really asking to be honest, I'm ranting. It makes me feel better to get this frustration off my chest.

5. meliisa

meliisa Member

Im actually so supprised how strond the human body is. Especially if your still young. I beg to differ, the falling into sleep and dying painlessly seems possible from my experiences. But what would I know im only 16years into my long(unless I do something about it) and painful life

6. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

I researched for years and found that most methods are likely to just harm a person but leave them alive. Bad enough we feel like dying but to end up even worse after an attempt has kept me from attempting. I feel bad enough I don't want to end up worse.

Actually I recently found that perfect method I was looking for.(No I won't share it so don't ask) I have a slight chance at happiness right now so I'm working toward that although it's very hard and will take some time. It's nice to know that if it doesn't work out I have this method to fall back on. If no chance for happiness then finally a chance for peace.

7. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

I hope you can instead find pain-free ways of staying alive! :hug:

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Shogun All I am going to say is there are ways of commiting painlessly. I am not going to break the rules. I agree with shadowlands that you should seek ways of living painlessly.~Joseph~

9. rootedphoenix

rootedphoenix Well-Known Member

I know it's frustrating to have a question you don't have an answer to. That really bites, no matter what it is. (Even if your question is one like this.)

I agree with Shadowlands and Joseph. We have to seek ways of living as painlessly as we can. Life is simply too precious.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2008
  10. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Even if there was a way you could find it would always be painful and traumatic for those who know you.

11. rootedphoenix

rootedphoenix Well-Known Member

I was thinking something like this myself. Suicide is never pain-free.

12. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Death is never painfree. Life is also never painfree (as we all know). Pain is just a part of life and when we die, pain will be felt right up to the end. The pain is there so that we know that something is wrong.

13. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

You said to not exist is to be at peace
    so...
    Existence = pain
    You have to acknowledge that as not true and then find out why you believe it so. It's not hopeless, although you may feel it, no one is hopeless and helpless. Pain may be all you've ever known but it is not the nature of our existence, and imagine being pain free, even for five seconds. It's possible.
    Are currently seeing a professional who is helping you with any of this?

14. SuicideSpork

SuicideSpork Member

I'm more than twice that length into my life, and I've felt the way you feel since before I was your age. I really do hope you can find happiness in your life... have you got anybody nearby you can talk to? A family member you trust? A counselor at your school that actually gets it? You might be surprised by some of the resources that exist to help people like us... though they're highly variable (they're abysmal in my neck of the woods), I hope you'll look into what's out there.

Life doesn't necessarily get better after high school... but it can. I know plenty of people whose lives have changed drastically in their second 18 years of life as opposed to their first, usually for the better. (I'm the exception, it seems, but it does happen.)

You sound like a smart cookie. I hope you'll keep reaching out to people.

What are your interests? What do you enjoy doing? Even if they seem trivial to you right now, think of those as stepping stones to bigger and better things, a more worthwhile life...

This is pretty rich, coming from me, but I guess I'm really desperate tonight to leave some remotely positive mark on the world. I hope you'll try to find something worth living for, even if it takes some real searching. You sound like a smart cookie.

15. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Shogun,
    You are finding it to be hard because you are trying to go against the natural order of things. It goes against the grain of human nature. We aren't made to harm ourselves. Only the great spirit can decide when it is your time. please seek the help of a good therapist.Take Care!~Joseph~

16. lost43215

lost43215 Well-Known Member

I would have to say there are definately ways out there that are painless (maybe not quick, after all i know one), but that's the easy part. The hardest part is getting over the pain you'll be putting others through and the guilt you'll live with b4 you die. That is the only thing holding me back, and the largest thing. I dont even think I could, and if you think you could, then you havent looked deep enough into it, because there ARE people that will be hurt, and it will wreck their lives way more than the hurt that you may feel.

So just like the others have said, look for painfree ways of STAYING alive. Once you put your mind to it, you will find a way....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.