wilderness therapy

Discussion in 'Strategies for Success' started by undercoverlover, Dec 14, 2014.

1. undercoverlover

undercoverlover Well-Known Member

i recently went to a wilderness therapy inpatient center. it was honestly life changing for me. we lived outdoors all the time. ive been to treatment before but honestly this is the first treatment center that has helped me. i learned coping skills and learned ways to take care of myself too. and they didnt put me on any new medications. ive been doing a lot better. theres been some ups and downs but it changed my life and ive felt much more encouraged to actually live.

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

It sounds like a very interesting alternative to many of the standard therapies. More importantly it helped you which is really great. I am glad you found it helpful and beneficial. I think there is "something" that will work for all of us- just have to keep trying until we stumble across the right solution for ourselves. Congrats to you and thanks for sharing. :hug:

3. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

That does sound interesting. I think i would enjoy something like that.

4. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

how much did this cost? what sort of organizations offer it or similar?
    happy things have worked

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That sounds awesome, I wish they did that sort of therapy here, glad it changed your life and hope you continue to feel better.

6. BlackKitty

BlackKitty Active Member

That sounds wonderful, I would love to try that. I'm glad you feel better.

7. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

I believe it! It's interesting to think how harmful modern life can be for people and how beneficial it could be to revisit our primitive roots. Thanks for sharing your experience.:)