Will I be a suicidal?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Bonzer, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonzer

Bonzer New Member

Hi, people called me Bonzer, I'm planning to attempt suicide... Totally under pressure and stress... I'm a medical student and have been repeating years, i just failed exam just now for the 4th time... and rite now im feeling totally depressed, if i fail again my studies will be terminated and i have to pay a loan of 40k euros and... chances of getting passed the exams almost zero... thinking of it, made me very2 depressed and really considering suicidal attempt... what is the easiest way for me to go?

2. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hi & welcome to SF Bonzer.

Sorry to hear you're feeling so bad at the moment, but SF is pro life, we won't discuss methods.

We will do our best to support you with what you're going through if you want to talk about it.

:hug: xx

3. Bonzer

Bonzer New Member

thank you claire, i just know the objective of this forum from vikki through the chat forum... at this time i really need the support... life have been pretty tough for me for the past month... last month i already of thinking into suicidal but my determination to keep on studying and passed the exam overcome the my suicide thought... but after failed the paper that i really2 studied through nights and days, bringing the thought of suicide attempt... right now there is no friends to hold on to... everyone preparing for exams, but me failing the same subject for 4th time is not a great thing... families are thousand miles away, really thousand miles 14 hours of flight not just an exaggeration... what should i do to reason myself to live... i've been trying to turn of the thought by studying and walking around... but still not working... the depression and frustration still there...

4. rob j

rob j Member

you think your life is bad listen to just what happened to me

5. ~Claire

A lot of us here can relate to how you're feeling hun.

Have you spoke with your tutors about how you're feeling at the moment?

6. ~Claire

Welcome to SF Rob.

We are happy to listen to you too if you want to start your own thread.

7. Bonzer

Bonzer New Member

rob j: i don't know how u felt... but if tryig to stop yourself from suicide try, is what you planned to do right now, then you are not alone... u might say that your feeling right now is more terrible than what i felt... maybe you right, but maybe you wrong... but it's not me to judge... but the burden that we suffer right now is the thing that make us try to make the attempt...

claire: well, i have no tutor... if you referring tutor to professors that teach me, they are busy with "their" medical "research"... they dont ever bother anything about students, even trying to find a gap for study consultation would be pain in the ass... well that what typical professors are... with their own world... btw, do you have experience thinking for a suicide before, claire? how did you get over it if you were...

8. ~Claire

Yes, I mean your tutors or lecturers at Uni. It's important to let them know what's going on so they can help you.

I know your family are not close by, but do you speak with them & let them know how you're feeling? Have you consulted a doctor about how you're doing?

I struggle with suicidal feelings on a daily basis, some are worse than others. It's important to find a way to fight the urges so you don't hurt yourself.

9. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Hi there Bonzer. At my University there's a mitigating circumstances procedure, which basically means that if you fail an exam or don't do as well as expected, you can make an appeal along with any supporting evidence such as a doctor's note. Do they have anything like that in place there? Also, I agree with Claire. Try to see a doctor and tell him/her how you are feeling. Most Universities should also have some kind of student support in place like counselling and help with studies and the like. Can you think of anyone at all who might be able to help? Don't give up, whatever you do! Stay strong! Take care!

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Bonzer and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry you're feeling this way, I hope you find lots of support here x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.