Will I become a statistic?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by hellwithhugewounds, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hellwithhugewounds

hellwithhugewounds Well-Known Member

If I do it, will I become just a statistic?

Not to you guys of course, I love you guys :smile:

But to the rest of the world... to the professionals who will document my death, will I just become another statistic that has no other meaning?

"There are 7 suicides per 100,000 persons between the ages of 15-19 in 2003."

Lol according to that, I only have a .007% chance of committing suicide (couldn't have changed that much in 6 years).

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

I never knew what that meant. I finally think I do.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2009
  2. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

you are a statistic just by being alive because of the number of people that are alive in this world. you will also be a statistic when you die no matter what way it is
  3. Locket

Locket Well-Known Member

like crookxshanks said, we are all statistics, we don't even warrant an individual number anymore, we are "a population" and nothing more
    but that isn't important
    it's who cares about you, and who you love that are important. will they think of you as a statistic? no :)
  4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Like Locket says it's not important, what matters is who cares about you, and you can count us among those that do, and would never see you as a statistic.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

6. Rockster

Rockster Guest

Well i agree with crookxshanks and locket, life is a statistic so dont worry
  7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

We're all pretty much just statistics at the end of the day. We're all just members of the human population and one day our lives will all come to an end. What really matters is that you make the most of the life that you are given, while you are here. You have to find meaning and purpose to your own life. Also, suicide statistics are somewhat skewed, because coroners prefer to labe deaths as 'suspicious' or 'accidental' rather than 'suicide.'
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.