will i go to hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chernarus

what about heaven? in order for heaven to exist you need its opposite every thing in order to exist must have its opposite so there is balance

Pingu

i believe when your dead, your dead. but my opinion doesn't matter, its all about what you believe and your religion. how can we know if theres an afterlife or not? if 90% of human race believe somthing, it doesnt make it true.

No one can answer that for you. You just need to think about it and decide for yourself. My personal belief is that no, you won't, but I also don't believe in the afterlife.

Chernarus

Eckhart saw Hell too. He said: The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of life, your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you, he said. They're freeing your soul. So, if you're frightened of dying and... and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth. -Louis Jacob's Ladder

i mean which ones the real deal if your religious

So maybe we are all in hell until we let go of the things that are holding you back. It would explain why i have tried so many times to end my life and have it fail. Maybe the ones who succeed in suicide have let go before there due time so maybe if we dont let go then we spend our life in hell.

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Eckhart saw Hell too. He said: The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of life, your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you, he said. They're freeing your soul. So, if you're frightened of dying and... and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth. -Louis Jacob's Ladder
This makes perfect sense and is exactly what I believe. You do not burn for eternity, just all that is impure and clings burns.
Either way, no one is damned.

Pingu

lets not discuss religion here as it could trigger somebody.. if you want a big discussion over this maybe a mod could move it to the soap box?

Pingu

so what if the last thing this person holds on to in this life is this, and he's just waiting for someone to say hell doesn't exist, or opposite?

It is impossible to say whether you will go to hell if you take your own life. There are many different belief systems. We all have the right to choose what we believe, but how can we be certain that our choice is right?

H

HappyAZaClaM

so what if the last thing this person holds on to in this life is this, and he's just waiting for someone to say hell doesn't exist, or opposite?
I appreciate your concern, and may share it. I am not sure though.
what do you mean exactly? like, a person who's "losing it" hears
one too many people say 'there is no hell'... 'hell does not exsist' and
the person who's losing it was holding back due an apprehension of
possibly going to "hell" ? and that person NOW finds themselves in
a position of not having said constraint? is that what you mean?

ToddMAdl

There's no way to really know if there is an afterlife or anything. However if I go with merely my intuition I can say there is almost undoubtedly no hell. The thought of a devil existing and living in a lair where it's all fire and brimstone and ash just seems rather silly to me. I've always believed that the ideology of the devil was created by humans to justify why people do evil in the world. There's no way to know but I assume there is no heaven or hell. I assume there is no God. I assume if you or anyone of us were to die in some way including suicide that it would just be the deep sleep and everything would be over. But personally I think that kind of thinking sucks and is hell in and of itself. Makes me think life truly isn't worth living if we go through all of this just to sleep and for everything to be over.

D

Dave_N

that would explain why we see ghosts there really souls who cant let go but have lost there physical body
I don't believe in heaven or hell, and yeah, I'm Catholic. I think if you kill yourself but your really attached to here, then your spirit will remain here and you'll be trapped in your own personal 'hell' here on earth. This is why I usually say that death could be worse than life. Imagine having to re-enact the events of your death continuously? That would be torture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00