Will I move past this?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Pretzelsinc, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pretzelsinc

Pretzelsinc New Member

I do not look like the stereotypical depressed girl. In fact I wouldn't call myself depressed because normally I have a very positive perspective on things.

For a few months-year now though I have felt this nagging...unhappiness? I can't place my finger on it. I have a very supportive loving family. I have a job with good pay and flexible hours. I am in a sorority and attend a four year public university. I'm an English major set to graduate in 3 years so this is my first junior semester. I'm 19 turning 20 in a few months. I am in a long-distance relationship with a very loving, faithful, and supportive partner. I am not obese nor anorexic. I truly cannot pinpoint why I am depressed so often lately but all I want to do is cry sometimes.

I am wondering if maybe this is just a teen angst phase or something? I am also curious if anyone feels like they can relate and can tell me how they cope?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi could be alot of reasons you are feeling depressed being away from home university stresses being away from your partner I think perhaps talking to a councilor at your school will help sometime just voicing what you are feeling and have someone listen helps too. Talk to a councilor okay that is what they are there for to help students that are feeling depressed hugs
  3. Pretzelsinc

Pretzelsinc New Member

Thank You
  4. Montana

Montana Member

Hi. Some months ago i was feeling exactly like you. To be honest, taking out the university and age thing, ur post would work perfectly for me.

For me it just went away. Try focusing on things that you like to do, and that you stoped doing after you got depressed. That basically "fixed" me.

Also spend lots of times with friends, not only your partner. In my opinion focusing too much on a single person can be not so good.

If you wanna chat feel free to PM.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.