will it get better if I move out?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by scareddude, Oct 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scareddude

scareddude Well-Known Member

Parents are fuming with me. Say I'm an embarrassment and a disappoitnment and fucking lazy.

Want out of their house. They're doctors so have a big house but they're so difficult to live with.

They're both conservatives and don't approve of me.

I have been diagnosed at different points with schizophrenia, autism, social phobia and clinical depression. I'm on 200mg sertraline and 10mg aripiprazole.

I want to move out perhaps to sheltered housing. I'm 22 and a half and a lot of resentment has built up over my difficult four years after leaving high school.

I don't feel that I'm ready to work full time and support myself yet and I'm not sure I ever will be.

I live in Scotland and Dave Cameron has been wreaking havoc on our public services...to the point that I got turned down recently for employment support allowance and have an atos assessment for pip, in spite of schizophrenia with a suicide attempt on my record.

I was first treated at 20,and think I might've been happier before that. Had my little hobbies like cycling. Now I'm a vegetable. I don't know what to do.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It can get better ok and you can go to back to school and get an education There are many people who have schizophrenia and autism who are professionals themselves
    You need to get stable on the right meds for you then when you are stable you can do anything the rest of the people can do
    do not listen to your parents ok They are doctors they should know better then to judge you. Maybe moving out on your own you will get more supports i n place for you
  3. scareddude

scareddude Well-Known Member

I'm not sure formal education is for me. The meds so far have been shit.

It seems like a lot of work for no reward. I don't enjoy anything anymore and don't want a big house or a wife so what's the point?
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It took a long time until my daughter got meds that worked for her she was suicidal attempted so many times and i almost lost her twice she still fights her demons a bit but she is working and she has made friends The point is with right meds your mind. your hopes , you life, can change your thoughts can change
    those voices that keep you down will go away.

Just do not give up not yet ok give yourself a chance try living on your own for awhile reach out to your community and see what supports there are for you
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there

Just because your parents are doctors does not equal you having to be something similar. I'm actually surprised because as doctors they should know how to deal with your illness (just my opinion). But I wonder is it you that is thinking you are a disappointment or them? Maybe moving out would make you feel more independent. Maybe do some charity work (I did that for about 8 months and it helped) I say do what YOU think will make you better but don't make any rash decisions when feeling very low.

I am also on 200mg setraline, it is definitely helping me, how do you find it?
    Good luck to you. :)
  6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time. You deserve support especially from your parents. At a such a young age, they should be so supportive rather than giving emotional abuse. The emotional abuse does not help you and you deserve support from people at this critical time. You are a worthy person who deserves the care from people. I am glad you post here as it shows that others care. Please seek support from social services and explain your situation. Please do act on any feelings. You deserve to live your life and keep posting here for support here as you are not alone in suffering.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.