Will my paretns be told

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by weirdal, Nov 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weirdal

weirdal Forum Buddy

im considerign going to the doctors to egt all this depression and suicide stuff sorted out. Its worse than ever, but will my paretns or the police be told etc. Im 16

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

At 16, I think so yes. Don't let that stop you though, how do you think your parents would react to this?
  3. weirdal

weirdal Forum Buddy

well it means i definatley cannot go, me and paretns do not get along thats the last thing i want. it would ruin the family even more so than it already is.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Do you have a school counsellor you could talk to?
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If you call doctor directly set up an appointment with doctor then i don't think anything will be told if you ask doctor to keep it confindential. Phone doctor just to set up an appointment and see. Get some help for you so you can be strong okay. Phone make an appointment just to talk and see where it goes. Your parents will want you strong and well but i don't think the doctor will say anything if you don't want it to be said.
  6. Milton

Milton Well-Known Member

I think in part this will depend on where you are, I know here in the UK most places won't tell your parents if you don't want them to. Try googling for legal information about your area, or phone the doctor or hospital or whatever you're thinking about seeing and ask them (you can do this without telling them anything more than "I'm 16 and I want to see a doctor without my parents finding out.") Good luck.
  7. tiggersafire

tiggersafire Well-Known Member

I know where I live, if you're not hurting yourself or planning to hurt yourself then they don't tell your parents. But if you are hurting yourself or planning to hurt yourself, doctors and school guidance consellors have to tell your parents and I think sometimes doctors even have to do more. I wouldn't let that stop you though. I thought my parents would hate me for it, but they were just concerned. Good luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.