will never happen

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by andyc68, Feb 3, 2009.

1. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

i have been thinking about this and i have come to realise that i will never be loved again, never be in a relationship again, my life will now be me,myself and i, thats it.
    i am 40 years old and although i know i am a nice man others can't see it, maybe i should just give up and go it alone, i dunno.
    i do like someone but i aint got the courage to say so and i know its not a 2 way thing, so as usual i will just say fuck all, whats the point.
  2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

hmmm :wink:
  3. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

please dont give up hope. you dont know whats round the corner. you could wake up tomorrow and meet the woman of your dreams in the supermarket of all places... just an example but you get the idea.

you have to be one of the sweetest people that i have ever met and i do find it hard to understand why your not already snapped up

you need to get out there... you need to go shopping!! lol
  4. crookxshanks

and is it really the end of the world if your on your own. i mean if your 'me' then you have 'i' and 'myself' to keep you company

but 40's just the beginning.. not the end :hug:
  5. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

yes i need to go shopping then, brb lol
  6. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

although I look like a monster, I've had moderate sucess with Plentyoffish.com and OKcupid.com. I know its online dating, but their free websites and there are loads of women on them. Im sure a few of us can even help you shove a decent profile together.

As far as you liking someone, let me ask you a question. That question is, what is the worst thing that person can say? Answer: No. Now, she could also say yes, but by not saying anything your automatically walking into the worst case scenario. You dont deserve that.
  7. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

i think you woul be a catch andy
  8. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

andy i think you're smashing :wink:

seriously 40 is not old (i'm 45. i like 40 even better!) i am currently faced with the situation that probably, my relationship has ended. i am thinking i'll never have that kind of love again. :sad: i know the wistfulness of that thought. and the loneliness.

but. you're still young enough - (maybe me too?)

yeah. i think you'll find someone - and she'll be lucky xxx
  9. EmptyLife

EmptyLife Well-Known Member

i have never been loved and feel i will never be loved. i am 44 and it's just one more thing i have missed out on in this life. i have tried to meet men, but it's hard, and none of them ever likes me.
    this alone is enough reason to kill myself, without everything else.
  10. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Don't give up mate you never know what the future holds. You're a good guy and someone will realize that. You also have your kids so you are not alone. Hope that love will come to you soon. If anyone deserves it then you do. Best wishes.
  11. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

No need to give up, just yet!

You're entering the distinguished period of a man's life. You are now at the cool Robert Di Nero(sp)/ Al Pacino age.
  12. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

:biggrin:never thought of it in that way , hmmmm
  13. I think we all go through that phase of thinking we'll never find someone, usually numerous times. You really just gotta get out and try to live life. I hadn't had a "flirtatious" conversation with a female for the longest time until I started to go out, usually even if it was just alone. A smile and a compliment from a stranger really does go a long way.

But enough about my boring semi-story...

Best of luck to ya!
  14. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

panic over, i found sarah, the woman off my dreams
  15. crookxshanks

16. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

awww :arms:
  17. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

got it wrong again, i wish just once i can meet someone who actually is different than the rest.

oh well, time to move on.
  18. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

It's never too late & you'll never be too old hun.
  19. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

awww thanks hun, i m ok, sometimes things happen to make you realise how worthless you are.
    i still have my friends :biggrin:
  20. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

You're anything but worthless Andy :arms:.

Has something happened to upset you?