Will never truely be "over it" *May trigger*

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by NotThisLife, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotThisLife

NotThisLife Well-Known Member

I was molested repeatedly through the ages of 7-9. My testimony, along with two other boys near my age, helped put the bastard behind bars for 25 years.

I have struggled with this ever since, and when I went to a survivor's group the message was basically one of acceptance and endurance, not much mention of getting over it or being "cured".

I honestly don't believe this will ever go away. It altered my sexuality in a way I cannot mention here, and it has profoundly affected my life. The worst part of it all is that the trauma is like a living thing. I can feel it inside me even when it's not really bothering me, and it will always be there. That's the worst part, it will never leave me alone for good.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

One will never be able to forget but one can heal it will take years of therapy but one can move on from it all I am still working on that but the pain is less now after going to a Psychologist the deals with trauma The pain is less the flashbacks not as sever One never gets over it but one moves on with alot of help one can move on I hope you have got a Psychologist that deals with trauma so you can heal inside I am so sorry you too have suffered so greatly and i pray you get the treatment that will heal your mind and your spirit take care
  3. dreams4life

dreams4life Well-Known Member

Sorry about the experience you had. I am going to suggest something. Maybe you won't like it. If you want a complete cure, you should forgive that person's act. I know this will be very hard. But if you can completely forgive him, you will have peace in your heart. As long as you don't forgive him, you will have great anger and pain in your heart, that will not go away.
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

some thing can not be forgiven but i still believe one can move on and heal
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.