Will religion or ethnicity keep you from dating someone?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by boo, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Will religion or ethnicity keep you from dating someone?

2. twc

twc Well-Known Member

religion yes, ethnicity no.

but i'm flexible!

3. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

Theoretically, no. But I've never dated, and don't intend to in the future, so I can't say for sure.

4. jhhop

jhhop Well-Known Member

If I dated, No to both. Same for size and looks.

5. silent_beast

silent_beast Active Member

In regards to ethnicity, I'll date anyone. I do have preferences, but not restrictions.
    In regards to religion, I'll date most anyone. If disagree with some aspects of their religion I find extreme (human sacrifice, intolerance for non-adherents, eating the brains of a cat [again, I said "extreme"], etc.), then I won't date them.

6. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I'm a self destructive self loathing deja vue scratch herpes on everyone's lip. Please love me :unsure:

7. Bob26003

Bob26003 Well-Known Member

not ethnicity, but maybe religion

8. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

:hug:

Also, I agree with silent_beast; my "no" answer assumes that we're talking about religions which are relatively sane and not too obnoxious.

9. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Nope~ I don't mind. My religion allows me to celebrate with friends who are any other religion so long as it's not something crazy and harmful to people/animals... I'd rather not sacrifice an animal or person if at all possible... XD

As long as it isn't an overbearing characteristic for the person, I don't care whatsoever.
    As an example of what I mean; I knew a guy in college who was black and he always made a big deal about it-- assuming that anything that anyone said about him was racist. It was really annoying. -__-
    I also knew a girl in highschool who (seriously) would make everything about her love for Jesus. It's a beautiful thing, really- but it just got irritating after awhile.

You can be any size and colour- any religion or anti-religion; it's not a make or break for friendship/relationship. Your heart is what counts! XD

10. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

no, not really, though i doubt i'd date a satanist or someone who kills innocent beings.

11. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Ethnicity no but extreme religious beliefs would.

Cool thread

12. XXXXX

XXXXX Antiquities Friend

I wouldn't mind dating a Nun :lol!:

13. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

ethnicity not really religion nope unless they start telling that I need to believe in the same thing as them...I'm a live and let live kind of gal...

14. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Religion is an auto deny. Ethnic Jews are an auto deny as well. Nothing against Jews, it's just that they tend to usually be pro-Israel and I don't get along well with people who are against the Palestinian cause, and don't desire to be in a relationship where I'm always on a different side of the war. Other than that, stupidity is an auto deny, impulsiveness is an auto deny, emotional negligence is an auto deny, lack of future prospects is an auto deny, lack of manners and couth is an auto deny, pessimism and insipidity are auto denies, shallowness is an auto deny, anyone under 25 is an auto deny, lack of cooking skills is auto deny, wow I don't have time to go through the list. Also, all females and polyamorous males are auto denies.

So yeah, I think I answered the question. No religion, and no ethnic Jews.

15. asking_advice

asking_advice Well-Known Member

it's no big deal for me because im atheist. no god or race needs to be please.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Of course. The only way we can love ourselves is by hating others. :smile:

17. ASkylitDrive

ASkylitDrive Well-Known Member

I'm Wiccan, and guys have left me because of it.

I don't mind ethnicity or religions, just as long as they don't expect me to change.

18. AfterFact

AfterFact Well-Known Member

No because I am a atheist

19. blah blah

blah blah Guest

I have falling in love 2 times on the internet. Both native americans. I could not ever dating with them on real life I guess, because of reasons why I love them are not maybe very native cultural.... Well buh how should know, I just loved them because of what I saw not because of what I did not saw.

But I know that I do not came along with different kind of people because I freak out if someone try tight my mind. I am what I am. No, no different cultures or religions for me, I can not handle it.

But I sure love them much =) I cried my eyes out cause I miss them so much

20. blah blah

blah blah Guest

And have to remember that both of them hated me SO MUCH as can hate something, I did came along with them.

But I loved them real, much, hard and all of my heart and soul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.