Will these thoughts stop at some point?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by IntoTheWoods, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IntoTheWoods

IntoTheWoods Guest

I have been having suicidal thoughts to greater or lesser degree everyday for nearly 2 years and I hate them.

I have noted on here that some members date back several years - so am I deluding myself in assuming that oneday I will be rid of these thoughts, or is it just a case of learning to live with them?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

learning to cope yes but also each day newer meds are being developed that help as well to decrease these thoughts so with each day we stay there is another day of hope for us

3. IntoTheWoods

IntoTheWoods Guest

I am plodding on without meds, just see my therapist weekly - do the meds help?

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

When i am in my lowest darkest point yes they do help keep my head above water so to speak I am also just taking therapy at the moment but i know when i get to low when i get close to that line i need the meds to help me keep my thoughts clearer.

5. IntoTheWoods

IntoTheWoods Guest

Thanks for sharing that - I have sat with my T for about 20 months now and progress has been so slow - I do wonder if meds would give me a bit of a break from the thoughts as they are so very tiring and at times almost get the better of me. I will discuss with my T. :IrishDoll:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.