will this ruin me?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by FoReVeR LoSt, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

Well lately i have been smoking more and more pot and i've had ppl tell me that i need help. I don't think it's a big problem because it's not like it's going to kill me, but will it take away from all the fun i would have? would it take away from me being social? My brain cells are dieing and i know that, but still i want more. I sit here writing this and all i can think is "i need a joint". It's 2pm in the afternoon and i'm @ work, so that's not going to happen, but if it were after work, i'd have a lot. It's getting harder not to smoke it @ lunch, you know it's getting bad when you want, no need to smoke it @ work. My family doesn't think it's a big deal because they all pretty much do it too, so i'm not seeing the harm in it. I've also been drinking more and i've had someone ask me if they can take me to get help. I don't want it!!! so i'm faced with the question...will this ruin me? i need some advice, please can someone help me?

2. Random

Random Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know. The only advice I feel qualified to give is that if you care that much that you wouldn't do it if you knew for sure that it would do some kind of harm, don't do it.

Otherwise, I would say that if you feel you must, try not to smoke a lot. You can eat yourself to death. Everything is harmful in large quantities. Even water. Smaller quantities may not be harmless but they're less likely to be harmful than massive bong hits all day long.

3. _nu

_nu Well-Known Member

i go through phases where i smoke a lot of pot then little or no pot. this mainly has to do with me being occupied with other things. yes it's very relaxing to be able to smoke a gram or so after a hard days work, but my method of not smoking is: just dont buy it.

i dont know how weed affects you. if it makes you feel like you cant concentrate or be social then you'd have to wonder if it's worth it. are you social when you're not on drugs? can you concentrate without them? i see nothing wrong with marijuana except three things: smoking it can hurt your throat, it's illegal, and it can be expensive.

Personally, I don't think it's the pot that brings people down, it's the people who say it's an awful drug. pot is a plant.

alcohol is another story. i use it when i want to be social and have a good time at parties/get-togethers. nothing else.

4. Mya

Mya Well-Known Member

all i can say is untill i was 12 i thought everyone smoked pot...and all kids parents came home drunk every night and beat the hell out of each-other...so if you have kids it will ruin you...al least with them...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.