Will you be a bad parent?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by jameslyons, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

wow..uhm...I'd still be a very bad parent though:laugh:

Those kids parents deserve to be jailed.It's horrendous:sad:
  3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

:eek:hmy: That is very sad. :sad:

I wonder what message the parents "think" those kids are getting? :blink:
  4. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Erhm... havent any of you played cops and robbers? My shotgun looked proper ace! it made noises too and you had to cock it and everything.

What's wrong with showing a child weapons? Atleast they are getting the information(hopefully) about them on safety, rules for playing with(toys) and general info. I mean, better to know then to be naive. Kids now a days play shooter games and see it all over tv, it's nothing new. It's the way in which they are presented with it.

At the end of the day, I see 3 kids playing cops and robbers. but thats just me.
  5. Aeterna

Aeterna Account Closed

6. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

7. jameslyons

Hmmm...those aren't toys. Those are real guns.
  8. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

You recon? Thought they were replicas at best.

Hmm.. Well, assuming they are real(I'm not one for guns) I wouldnt really be letting my kids handle them. Not at that age atleast.

Then again, some people who have grown up with guns and use them in their normal activites(hunting.. not appling this to the photo) and what not, can explain and introduce them to their children at a younger age than normal.

But yeah.. My bad, didn't realize they were real ones.
  9. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

no kids should ever know guns :( thank god they are not legal here
  10. Aeterna

Aeterna Account Closed

So far (AFAIK) all of the guns in this thread have been real.

The girl on the left has two revolvers I can't identify. The girl in the middle looks like she is carrying a Kahr K9, Kel-Tec PF-9 (the trigger looks wrong for those two, but it's a guess), Kel-Tec P-11, some kind of Ruger P-series, or a Sig Sauer. The girl on the right looks like she has either a really long M1911 or an Auto Mag. The girl I posted is carrying a real AR-15 with a suppressor.
  11. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

12. Aeterna

Aeterna Account Closed

The last set of pictures aren't that bad (The girl at the range). She has her finger off the trigger, using lower caliber (appears to be) firearms and the weapons are always pointed down range. She also has hearing and eye protection.

It's only the first set of pictures, and the picture of the girl with the AR-15, Scope, and the double drum mag that I have a problem with.

Why not?
  13. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

i've handled guns since i was a child and first thing was always SAFETY, there is a respect that needs to come with guns and posing in such a way is nothing but ridiculous, you only ever point a gun at something your willing to shoot, even when the gun is empty you do not handle it in such a way, they are not toys and should not be paraded as such.
    Kids should be introduced to guns but in a very controlled and serious manner, knowledge is power and safety is paramount. many people do not know the power of the weapons easily available on the market. education is key.
    And once more i will say SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT, the rules on safety that i learnt as a child has saved my life....literally
  14. pither

pither Well-Known Member

Well, the kids in this picture either belong to rednecks-who shouldn't be allowed to have kids in the first place as made obvious by this photo- or belong to a mob boss of some type. I can't think of any other type of person who would let their child handle a weapon like that. The one in the middle is like what? three or four? That is just sad. I'd have to say that I'd be a half decent parent knowing that I wouldn't have weapons in my house to begin with.

There is a serious difference between cops and robbers and real life guns-

15. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

People raise their kids differently. If we're all raised the same, life would be boring. Saying one way is wrong just becuase it's different is ridiculous.

Sure this guy is an idiot.
    But be honest, you don't know him or these children.
    No one knows how they'll turn out.
    At least it seems to me they have a loving father who spends time with them.
    Even if the hobby may be wrong to some people.....his kids look happy.
  16. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

If they were toy guns I don't particularly agree with you about poseing with weapons being ridiculous. But since they apparently are real I do agree. I based my post off the fact that they were toy guns.
  17. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

if they are toys they would have the red caps on the muzzle so as to diferenciate between toys and real ones. so you cant hold up a store with said toy guns.

i dont like guns. they shouldnt be given to children.
    let alone anyone.

humanity will always think of new and depraved ways to kill each other.

defence my ass. you have fists for that. guns were made to kill and have an "upper hand" upon things and people.

but back on the topic of parenting.
    i wont have children. and if i did, it would only e at the right time ie; finacially stable and good house for said child.

but things like that are extrememly hard to achieve.
    other than taht i would not be a good parent as i am not stable enough to be a parent.
  18. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

I see nothing wrong with that family.

They're engaging in something with their family. Who cares if its guns rather than monopoly or watching disney films, they're just fucking objects that only hold as much power as you put into them and being properly educated will probably be the least likely people to ever harm someone with them.
  19. jameslyons

I agree. But posing with guns isn't proper behavior. They're not just objects, while some kids choke on monopoly pieces, the number of accidental deaths in households with firearms is something to always respect if you're a gun owner. And you shouldn't pose, or have your kids pose.

Hypothetically, the guns are empty in the picture. Next time the little four year old picks up the pistol, she forgets that pistols are sometimes loaded. Then boom. Happens all the time. very sad.
  20. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

Shit happens, when my sister was four she burned her hand on the hotplate trying to climb on the worktop. Doesn't mean my parents removed the oven.
    Its a risk the parents take and if they're stupid enough to leave a loaded gun near their kids thats their own problem.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.