Will you be getting the H1N1 or flu vaccine?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by lost43215, Oct 23, 2009.

Will you get the H1N1 and/or flu shot? (can choose more than one)

1. Yes, the H1N1 shot

7 vote(s)
  2. Yes, the flu shot

7 vote(s)
  3. I have in the past, but not this year....

6 vote(s)
  4. No, I never get the shots.

24 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lost43215

lost43215 Well-Known Member

I wont... Ive never gotten any type of flu shot before. I just would rather suck it up, go thru the sickness if I get it. It doesnt last that long if I do, and that's if I do. Plus, I do have some skeptisism towards them. I mean, look at last years flu shot (least in Canada), it actually made it more suseptable to get H1N1. The body is made to fight off these things naturally, so I let it.
  2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I'm going to get it because my immune system SUCKS and I'll no doubt be working customer service this winter, so I'm more prone to it than others.
    I really don't want to have to take any time off.
  3. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

no I dont take shots, there is a natural cure for most things and I don't trust the government/pharmaceutical companies

We are in the early stages, I will rather take my chances with getting the flu and seeing what happens then getting some shot and having my body become immune to it and worry about what side effects it might cause a few years down the road

rich people dont get shots, they want to give shots to most of the poor people and find out what happens and hopefully the swine flu will be contained before they have to get a shot or get sick

maybe if we had a society that was based on people getting well and preventing diseases we wouldn't have these fucking flu's, but it is all about money and making the rich richer

fuck this world
  4. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Nope. :)
  5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I will not be getting the H1N1 vaccine, nor any others. i think many of our current problems with susceptibility to diseases is that so many people overdo things and our bodies are not allowed to function as they should. Also bacteria resistant strains of things pop up and we try to medicate to the point that diseases adapt and mutate. Nothing will stop them if it continues.
  6. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

I'm not going to put a neurotoxin in my body.

The h1n1 vaccine is untested, unproven, and history shows similar vaccines have caused significant damage to people's lives. You guys should really research the flu vaccine on youtube or other various sites ( http://www.vactruth.com ) before considering it.

It's not like h1n1 actually kills you or anything. But the shot could. Check that site out.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2009
  7. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I'll get the regular flu shot but not the other. I don't get vaccines that are made on the fly.
  8. Animosity

Animosity Forum & Chat Buddy

my mom wants my brother and sister and I to get the shot because about 70 kids in schools around us have it and one of my friends do and also one of my sisters. We will get both the regular flu shot and the H1N1.
  9. Øyvind

Øyvind Senior Member

Oh FFS the swine flu is not real. Half a year ago they said it was a big problem, that it would wipe out humanity and all that nonsense. Half a year later and everybody's still around, Mexico is still around, I don't have the flu, neither does anyone I know of.
    I had my hopes up for this thing. Damn them for lying and disappointing me.
  10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

No! I wont be.
  11. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I have gotten flu shots in the past but that was only when I was younger. I believe more in natural approaches to medicine.
  12. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

here is a good reason not to get a shot

I am sure there are many more stories like this girl, you just don't hear about them on the mainstream media, and "pretty" people seem to strike a nerve with people, if this girl was ugly or black you better believe no news network would even run the story
  13. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

i havent had my T.B or meningitus shots. i dont care honestly
  14. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Yep, as I'm at risk
  15. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

I once put all my hopes into Y2K bug. But then I woke up in the morning of 01.01.00 and the world was still around. My heart was broken and since then I never regained my confidence in doomsday prophets :cry2:
  16. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Never believe in Doomsday prophets guys (and gals) it's all nonsense, 2012 in particular.
  17. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I had real flu a long time ago with a very high fever for a few days. I don't want to experience that again if I can help it, so I might get the H1N1 shot. Undecided atm.
  18. Ranxerox

Ranxerox Well-Known Member

No, swine flu isnt that serious here in SA. And if i get it then ill just let it kill me.
  19. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Thank you for that website! I posted it on my facebook page as well. Good stuff :)
  20. Puppy

Puppy Well-Known Member

I know this is slightly off topic, but do you think it's safe to have the MMR vaccine? :confused:

Apparently I need a catch-up dose of it (I'm 23)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.