Will you ever have a partner?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Marco, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Marco

Marco Well-Known Member

If not, why?

For what concerns me the chances are that i will never have one. I'm 24, have a physical deformity of the rachis (55° kyphosis), a condition of marked dryness of the lips, a mild acne problem, and i'm thin.
  2. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

You listed those things as if they are all beyond your control. While a physical deformity isn't something you can change, mild acne and being thin can be changed with some dedication.

I used to be really thin too, but I began lifting weights and eating more protein/carbs.
  3. blondeellen

blondeellen Well-Known Member

you speak as though the physical is stopping you but really it is the mental no ones gonna love me if im like this.
    i dont think i ever will because i cant even hold a close friendship with a guy and im fat and have a disproportionately large rib cage and like no boobs. but its mainly the mental thing that i think will stop me rather than the physical
  4. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

To be honest, most women can look past physical deformities, as long as they won't have to care for their new potential partner full-time (fewer women can cope with this, but they still exist)

The skinny thing also is a bit of a non-issue. Again, loads of women find skinny men hot.
  5. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

I have severe acne, and must pay for medications to stop it. I tried going vegetarian, cleaning my face with proactiv, and eating right, but it did not go down until I took pills. I can't determine which foods are causing me to break out. I've cut back on dairy and processed meats.

Unfortunately, I also suffer from an ugly asymmetrical face, a lazy eye, a small penis, and prominent ears with noticeable cartilage damage. I require surgery if I ever want to be considered attractive. The penis thing is awkward. I can make it bigger with an overpriced traction device, but my urologist doesn't know how to use one properly, so I'm afraid of damage because you have to wear one for 6 hours a day for 6 months straight to see any results according to the only legit study I could find in the British Journal of Urology. The results are a little short of an inch at maximum. I might buy one if I have enough disability money after paying for medications, food, therapy, driving lessons, school books, etc. I really don't think I can afford one.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2011
  6. HomerSimpson

HomerSimpson Well-Known Member

Buddy, I just competed in my first ever bodybuilding show and if you need advice on eating and training let me know. I understand what you are saying. I am 37 and alone, and going bald. I tell you one thing that helped my acne a lot was laying in a tanning bed. I mean it helped it a great deal.
  7. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

That's not recommended while taking acne medication and can actually permanently color the acne scars. I would like to know how many good carbs you eat. I'm trying to cut down on bad carbs to save my skin, but I would like to also bulk up. Do you know of any specific apps or programs that record the number of nutrients, carbs, vitamins, and other stuff in food? I'm having trouble recording this information. What is your diet like?
  8. klodo

klodo Well-Known Member

No, I am over 40 and have always been mental and alone. Approaching and chatting up a female is as alien to me as juggling chain saws whilst riding a unicycle over a high wire blindfold, but harder.
  9. Marco

Marco Well-Known Member

Wow... that's something!!! can i ask where did you learn all the stuff on bodybuilding? i was thinking to buy some books, not to depend always on the others.
  10. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I don't think I could ever have a partner, at least one that I would love anyways. I'm just too unique, too much of a freak, I've damaged my life too much, being an extreme isolationist (figuratively living in a cave, being a shut-in) and missing out on so many experiences others have gone through. With a girl, to her, I'd be like from another planet.

I believe the only way I could get a partner is if I get an arranged marriage (which is very common with us Indians) with a girl from India. With that, I'll bet the only reason the girl would want to be with me is to get a green card to come to the U.S. If I didn't have American citizenship, they wouldn't even give me a 2nd look but they do because of this. :(

I might just have to settle and do that instead of being miserable and alone. My dad wants me to do it and thinks that's my silver bullet to get out of my extreme depression and the rut my life is in. Who knows, it may actually work, and we could fall in love with each other as time goes on and she could give me a zest and passion for life which I entirely lack.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2011
  11. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I've had a few partners, I'm single at the moment but I don't think I really want another partner now, I'm quite happy and content as I am.

Having said that, no strings attached sexual encounters are okay for me.
  12. joshtillb

joshtillb Member

Hey Marco

So first off will I ever have a partner? I sure hope so even though at times it hard think that way, ive stopped worrying about that though, with my social anxiety& Depression I have a really hard time meeting people, this being said i work at Hollister there is no shortage of girls to talk to, my problem isn’t small talk, its when i actually have to get to know someone and trust them

As far as Acne goes I use to have some till I found my trigger food. milk and soya sauce (ya weird i know) i use a face wash by clean&clear with Benzoyl Peroxide it’s like 10 bucks at Wal-Mart i use it evey morning and works like a charm, if my skin gets really bad i use it at night also. Its the same stuff that is in proactive but this stuff has double the concentration of Benzoyl Peroxide if im correct

as far as Acne on your body (back, shoulders and chest) yup i had that too, for that I go tanning like another member suggested, it look about a month of going twice a week for my body to clear up, and i had a pretty awesome tan started for the summer. Start slow and make sure you don’t burn, it will also help your tan if you get a lotion, I suggest something natural without oil since your wanting to improve your skin, the person there will be able to guide you

oddly enough i find tanning also help with my mood i would always go in the morning, laying in the warm bed is the best feeling ever and it set me up to have a more positive outlook on the day.
  13. bean82187

bean82187 Member

I don't think I ever will. I'm a lover and believe in unconditional love but past experiences have messed me up beyond recognition. Not just being cheated on but the way that I was was just epic and the things I had to do to get through it...numbing and now have made me crazy
  14. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

I'm 19 now and I never had a boyfriend and society says with that age, I must have had enough experiences with love. But sorry, I don't so I might end up partner-less for life.
  15. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

I've had about 2 somewhat meaningful relationships, 2 of them don't count, and I'm with a guy now. I'm not quite sure if I'll ever be able to go further than having a boyfriend, though like getting married and what not. I have too many problems for people to handle and it's just too much stress being around me.
  16. Lost?

Lost? Well-Known Member

I wish that one day I could find someone and have kids, I don't want to be alone, but it's not going to happen. I'm a 21 year old virgin, I've never had a boyfriend (I've never even been on a date). My first kiss only happened this past May (with a good friend and we were both really drunk). And the older I get the more I feel like a freak.

I ended up developing feelings for the guy I had my first kiss with, and he told me he liked me too. But it was then that I realized that I wouldn't be able to have relationships because no matter how many nice things he said to me or told me that he liked me as more than a friend, I didn't believe him and convinced myself he was using me, because who would ever want to be with someone like me?
  17. Marco

Marco Well-Known Member

Ok i've come to realize that most problems are mental. Not that this is a new though... the brain is tricky...
  18. jasonkramer

jasonkramer Well-Known Member

here start with this. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224&page=1
    you could also buy the book starting strength but that's a free version.

eat like a horse. also dont ask too many questions on that form if you dont need too. most of the people there are ass holes and like to be rude for no reason.
  19. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I feel the same. If someone wanted me, they're obviously incredibly desperate. And if they somehow liked me, they only like what they think is me. They definately don't know me.
  20. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I'm an oddball i would say, because I've tried dating and mating and to be honest, for me its not interesting, maybe I'm broken or was born without the mating and creating a family gene, I prefer to be alone...