Will You Go To "Hell" If You Commit Suicide?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Country_Gal_XXOX, Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Country_Gal_XXOX

Country_Gal_XXOX New Member

I'm not making any light signs here, I'm just curious as to how many of you believe you'll go straight to "hell" if you take your life.. Is this preventing you from following through?:mellow:

2. That and something else is what is stopping me at the moment.

3. crazyknife

crazyknife Guest

I honestly dont think you will go to hell if you commit suicide. Heres why, I think if you are so displeased with your life you are actually willing to end it, you must be in some pretty serious pain, either emotional, or physical. I beleive god would understand that you just do not want to live anymore becasue it causes you too much pain. Wouldnt it be a form of punishment to force you to keep living if your in so much pain you want to die? Thats my theory.

4. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Hell cannot exist, since fate exists; fate dictates if you will commit suicide, and as such, hell cannot exist. However, in the case of other things, karma can have an effect, and it, just as it has for absolutely everything one does, has to have for suicide, as well, but not in the way, evil or bad acts would, and suicide isn't an evil or bad act; it is an act applied to a situation, with no way out, or seemingly no way out, where the intention usually not at all is to harm others.

There are actually indications in science, that fate exists, by the way. Before major events happen, a strong increase in magnetism, often can be detected; often enough for it to be of significance.

5. I'm not Christian so I don't believe in the Hell you're talking about but my mother does and she will tell you that you will not go to Hell for suicide.
    She explained to me that God understands illness and depression/etc. that would cause suicide is an illness. She said that wanting to commit suicide means you have the illness and the suicide is forgivable for that. It doesn't mean you'll definately go to Heaven though--you will just be judged on everything else, just your suicide is a forgiven type deal there because you were "sick" and all. I think if I was Christian I would also believe this. I probably didn't explain it properly but it did sound right.

Personally though, I believe if we commit suicide the afterlife will not be pleasant but it isn't the Hell you're talking about.

6. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Churchie people only talk about hell to prevent people from suicide or sinning.

You'll go to a better place.
    Did you know you can go to "hell" for swearing, sex before marriage, farting (probably :p) so many of us would go there anyway! if it was 'real' though it's not!!!

7. I agree with your mother, sweetie, but I don't believe that the afterlife will be unpleasant for people who suicide, because those people suffer enough in this life. A forgiving and loving God would make sure people who suicide don't suffer more.

8. stayorgo

stayorgo Member

read the bible you will go to hell if you take your life, no exceptions! the bible says the lord doesn't put anymore on you than you can handle, so taking your life would be a sin and your soul wouldn't be allowed into heaven. and at the end you go to heaven or hell, no where in the middle. if you are capable of making decisions and thinking about right or wrong then you have a choice.

9. TranceAngel

TranceAngel Well-Known Member

now i always thought i'd go to hell if i commit suicide. until recently my online son reminded me that if you belive in Jesus, he forgives any sin. so if any sin is forgiven, that would include suicide, if its a sin. moreover, i agree with those who say it is an understandable emotional/mental state for which we can't be held responsible. all in all, i'd have to say you won't go to hell for committing suicide.

10. Know One

Know One Member

Hell does not exist. Religion is for fools. Religion was a way to control large amounts of people in earlier times and it now only exists for business purposes. I do not fear Hell or any other afterlife.

11. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

for your imformation

on my last attempt i did leave my body and i went somewhere but to me it really was not hell cause there was an unbelievable sence of peace and no PAIN.... and i myself think that is why so many who have attempt suicide do it again cause they have already tasted death in a way.. I have already tasted death and no i did not dream it .. i heard and saw everything that the docs was doing to my body which i was not in it at the time but above it and floating.. and i want that peace back cause i dont have it here and can not get it cause others are trying to keep me in bondage but they can try all they want to but me im going to get away one way or the other.

oh and i am christian and have read the bible many times over

12. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Susan...What a great point...I suppose that if you felt a great sense of peace during an attempt (or after, as in a near-death experience) that you would be less afraid of it.

On the other hand, I think the great thing is that you know what is ahead for you...you do not have to wonder, which should make what you are going through that much more bearable, knowing that you have something wonderful waiting for you :)

Also, thank you for the beautiful new video...I love your videos :hug:

13. White Dove

Yes ,

it was peacful but pure dark until that beautiful loving being of light addressed me... he/she simply asked me if that was what i wanted and me being so much a dummy said no and then this person , thing , spirit whatever tells me to go back and help bring my lost sheep home... and says i will come for you in a little while , but little did i know that it would be in 3 years time , or has it been 2 since my last attempt?? heck i cant remember .. i have slept since then...

Been told so many things when i told others that , from it being satan as a being of light to me just dreaming it , to other things , well for the record satan would not say go bring my lost sheep home or would he??? and another thing when i left my body and floated to the top of the ceiling i seen and heard everything the docs and the minister said and did.. i mean everything , then i went to meet that being... and i want that peace back... i need it more then anything..

you are welcome on the vidio.. i figured it would fit in here cause it is called the goodness of life.. and even though life has its downs it also has its good sides..

oh and another thing , next time i do it and this being asks me if that is what i truly want i am going to say YES....

14. I've been tought that I will go to hell. But choose to believe that I am in hell already. When I go I'll be released from all pain, all suffering, everything. You have no idea what a comfort that is, & I've tried so many times to end all this...... only to find myself back in hell. So to answer your question directly; no I don't believe that, so nothing is preventing me....

15. Eno

Eno Guest

Well if there is a Hell I'm apparantly going there. But I have looked into many different cultures, religions, spiritual practices, philosophies etc. and have learned to talk with my inner voice and currently am of the idea that there seems to be higher forces connecting everyhting but most of the stuff to do with these higher forces seems very human in nature. I think we made up a lot of stuff out of our own humanness. Humans have wild imaginations and as you go back through time you can see humans generally were full hype that played on fears and generally people were so much more dramatic and emotional and believing. It just makes sense to me at the moment. For a long time through history everything was signs from God, evil demons, miracles, fire and brimstone and stuff like that. Pretty unrealistic stuff but generally people were more gullible as you go back through time and so believed this hyped up dramatic story telling.

Basically I currently think that a lot of this stuff attatched to spirituality but seems far fetched and based on fears and is out of touch with our humanness and a reality where miracles like the ones in the bible do not happen is all from within us, we made most of it up.

Did man create God in his own image? And not the other way around. And Heaven and Hell and many other wild ideas and stories worldwide. Seems reasonable and realistic to me. And sorry to use the term man to explain all humans but history is very sexist. I use words like humans or people. I think it's about time all people are no longer referred to as mankind. It's just so nondescriptive of reality and downright sexist. I had to use man there to give the question a more striking effect...sorry about that.

One of the best gifts I think we have as humans is laughter. Whatever people call God, Jah, Allah, it has a sense of humour as far as I can tell. Again a very human thing.

It has stopped me from wanting to kill myself sometimes. I always keep an open mind and so consider the possibility it might be real. But I am becoming less convinced. If anything like Hell exists I think it is like The Void. You can find out about The Void online. It has hell to heaven like levels that you transend through. You enter at certain levels when you die according to your life choices and stuf and then make your way up through the darkness into eventual light and where I guess super love consciousness god type thing is.

16. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Susan, That was NOT satan...no way, no how. You were at peace with God...and when he said you will be with me in a little while, he was only preparing you for your journey, showing you what was to come for your soul. You WILL be with God in Heaven...this story that you have told me tells me this...I know it.

One of my favorite songs about being with our Father...by Amy Grant :)

Got a ticket coming home,
    Wish the officer had known
    What a day today has been.
    Then I stumbled through the door,
    Dropping junk mail on the floor.
    When will this day end?

But then your letter caught my eye,
    Brought the hope in me to life,
    'Cause you know me very well,
    And I bet you wrote me
    Just to tell me,

In a little while,
    We'll be with the father;
    Can't you see him smile?
    In a little while,
    We'll be home forever,
    In a while....
    We're just here to learn to love him;
    We'll be home in just a little while.

Boy, that letter hit the spot--
    Made me think of all I've got,
    And all that waits for me.
    Guess I've known it all day long;
    Wonder where my thoughts went wrong.
    When will my heart believe?

Waking half-way through the night,
    Reaching toward the lamp for light,
    Picking up the Word I find;
    Heres another letter
    To remind me;

In a little while,
    Can't you see him smile?
    In a little while,
    We'll be home forever,
    In a while....

Days like these are just a test of our will.
    Will we walk or will we fall?
    Well, I can almost see the top of the hill,
    And I believe it's worth it all.

In a little while,
    Can't you see him smile?
    In a little while,
    We'll be home forever,
    In a while....

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2007
  17. I think this thread ought to be moved to the SoapBox forum, since it is religious discussion. Also, the lord will not send people who suicide to hell. God is a forgiving god, not a Hitler Nazi God.

18. By the way, this is a support forum, not a place to tell people that God will send them to hell if they suicide.

19. White Dove

well we are already in hell...

War ,faman , sickness , disease , hunger , children hurting , parents abusing.. murders etc

this World is HELL.......

20. Still, it is offensive for anyone to say that someone who suicides will be sent somewhere miserable when they die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.