Will your death be a sideshow?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Daze&Confused, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daze&Confused

Daze&Confused Antiquitie's Friend

I just went out for a walk, ironically to finalise my suicide plans. A women has just jumped in front of an express train at Northumberland Park station.
    Dozens of people hover around trying to catch a glimpse.But do they really want to see her, or is it just our morbid fasination with death. Her death means nothing to them, just abit of gossip for the lunch time crowd.
    I'm sitting here now, wondering who she was, and if she every was a member here. Did i speak to her, did i see her in the street. Will anyone miss her.
    Will the people gather round my corpse and gossip.
    I guess i'm just as bad as the others, telling you about this.
  2. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Listen to your inner-dialogue, DC. Your "self-talk." :tongue:

First you say, "Her death means nothing to them, just abit of gossip for the lunch time crowd."

Then you acknowledge, "I'm sitting here now, wondering who she was, and if she every was a member here. Did i speak to her, did i see her in the street. Will anyone miss her."

Most of the people on this forum with impending "plans" think life is overrated. I think that not living is overrated. Your post by coincidence shows that people can care enough to ponder the life of another, even one they never knew.

Humans are passionate creatures, capable of stoic dispassion ranging to deep compassion.

3. kimailis

kimailis Active Member

if you will commit a suicide your death will mean nothing too, just an entertainment.
    better enjoy your life and struggle, and when the time really comes, when you are really old, people will say "that was a strong and brave person".
  4. cayzira

cayzira Well-Known Member

People die. Thats the cold hard truth. Everytime we take a breath, someone out there is taking their last, and their death will mean nothing to people.. unless they make it mean something.

If our own death is to mean anything we have to do something. And I sure that you have, maybe to most people it will mean nothing to people, but to the peole you know, the ones that care about you, it will mean so much.

Suicide always leaves the death with a bad meaning to people, they will always rember it and you, with sorrow. We have to make our life mean somthing, we have to fight. Then when you do die, people can at least take refuge in all the amazing things you did during your life.

If you want your death to have a positive effect on the world, then suicide is not the option.

Take care,
  5. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Finally someone who gets it. :yes:

As to legacy, well I don't much dwell on it myself. All I have is the present. I certainly don't actively concern myself with how others will remember me.

I just try to live a good life. My father wrote in his Will to me many years before he died,

Son wherever I go, when I go, be a good man.

Be a good man. Four words. Four deceptively simple words, I might add, for was my father and I knew so well what he meant. I will always remember them.

6. Surviving

Surviving Well-Known Member

"Son wherever I go, when I go, be a good man."

Powerful words. Easier said than done; difficult but not impossible.
  7. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I have wondered that as well. if I do die by suicide, if I'll just be a sideshow, if I'll just be a bit of gossip, if I'll just be that person who is gossiped about. will it mean anything if I die? I doubt it.

it saddens me to see people die, be suicide, painful deaths, dying alone, and etc.. I wonder and I honestly hope they are at peace and wish they hadn't have been in pain so, even if I don't know them or know them really well. I don't think too many people are that way though, another bit of gossip, to go about life and see people talking and gossiping about people with terminal cancer, people who died, and etc, amazingly insensitive and cruel.

I don't think that is what you were doing hun, I think you were expressing a legitimate wonder, question, concern. :hug:

Please try and take care and hang in there. :hug:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2008
  8. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

Since that's precisely how I plan to do it, I suppose I might end up someone's side-show. Of course, being the unpleasant person I am, I really hope I can just put a few people off their lunch that day.

From poking around the comments sections of news sites, it seems that about half of the reactions are angry (either because the suicide made people late, or because the suicide upset them), and the other half are compassionate.

You don't sound so bad to me--your compassion is limited because your knowledge is limited. You sound like the type that'd be compassionate, if you'd known her. I think that's good enough.
  9. emptytank

emptytank Active Member

No, if suicide is the cause of my death, I will make sure that it becomes the main event.
  10. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Hey thanks for the salute. Me Pa had 30 years in the Navy, you know. And he had a family. I really think he understood that, absent intractable suffering of some kind, our primary role is to be responsible and (though know I know the concept is alien to some), to cherish the opportunity).

As for main events and sideshows, well I don't much study on death. For me, LIFE is my 'main event.' lol Death, I relegate to whatever dreams may come. :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.