Willing to find out

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by itmahanh, Oct 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I really dont know where to put this. It's kind of a rant. Sort of my opinion on a subject. And really uncertain as to the final answer.

So many people post: "dont do it... how do you know if death is any better?"
    Well.........dont think there is anyone alive that can tell you if it is or isnt. You need to have faith and belief in the words of the bible. Then you should be able to tell if you have gained the "brownie points" to make it to Heaven. For those of us that dont well it's kind of a crap shoot then isnt it? If you dont believe in Heaven or Hell then what does it really matter?

Personally I dont care if it's better or worse than where I am right now. I see it as atleast being away from here. A change if you will. I'm already living shit. So death offers atleast something I already know or something better. Or too good to be true...... absolutely nothing at all!!!!!!!

Just unfortunate that I'll finally have the answer and wont be able to do a damn thing with it. No cheats sorry.
  2. dreams4life

dreams4life Well-Known Member

Hi, I know that I asked you this question. You are right. None of us would know this until we get there. I would not know this either. But I have heard many people who had near death experience, who have seen hell and heaven. They said that it was more real than life. What if they are right? Our soul is eternal. According to Bible, there are only two places where a soul can go. I am sorry, if I offended you with the question.

There is no way of knowing 100% without faith if there is Heaven or Hell.
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

No didnt offend me at all. I really appreciate members that voice what or how they are feeling. That share their honest opinions or advice. But I dont beleive that we all have to have faith in the bible or religious beliefs. Yes according to the bible there are only 2 places. But other religions have other versions of what happens. Then you have those that have had close encounters with death. I have. And I want what was so rudely taken away when well meaning docs brought me back. I believe what I believe. Could be 100% wrong. But atleast it will be the last time I'm wrong.
  4. Daijou

Daijou Well-Known Member

I don't think there is any way of knowing for sure exactly what lies in wait for after we die. And in terms of near death experiences and people claiming to have seen the afterlife, I believe that's more of the mind accepting death as a possibility and trying to make it more comforting to the person. But that's just my opinion, there's no way to say for sure.

As for the afterlife, I've got my own beliefs on what it's like after death, but those are just pathetic optimistic views that I try my hardest to believe in just so if I ever go through with anything, it'll be a little easier. It does get annoying when people try to tell you that what you believe in isn't true, and that you should change your views to theirs.
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I just know itfthere was an afterlife somehow my bro would contact me somehow there is no after life there is nothing you are gone thats it no chance to change anything no seeing your love ones nothing cold nothing. I do know that sometimes this cold nothing would be better then the hell one suffers i believe hell is here on earth thats what i believe
  6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I believe hell is here on earth too....I'm living it....but to prevent more hell for the ones I love I stay here...for now..
    I understand Itmahanh
  7. Tealc

Tealc Banned Member

its got nothing to do with heaven or the bible, its all about if you can live to see another day ?
    if you feel the time is right and you can't carry on then thats it, times up !

its down to the individuals point of view
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.