Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by among the stars, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. among the stars

among the stars Well-Known Member

i have been cutting on and off since mom died, i never really used it as a method of escape until lately. im pretty much a broken down child in an adults body covered in scars inside and out, tired as all heal, reading a book i probably shouldnt be...its called Willow and when i read this part i finally felt not so alone and yet its only a book unless someone has read it...it wont help. but it is how i feel

"When you found me out, you thought that I wanted to kill myself, that all this slashing was like target practice until I got up enough courage for the real thing. You don't understand at all. You just don't get it. I'm saving myself.
    "I've taught myself, I've trained myself, not to feel anything except physical pain. I'm completely in control of that. Do you understand? Do you get what that means?"
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i am so sorry you are silencing your pain inner pain by self harming I hope you soon realize that you need to allow yourself to feel that pain inside to finally heal it is scarey but with help with a good caring professioanl you will heal okay hugs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.