Winding Down To The End

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Gecko, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gecko

Gecko Member

You know, many people say that taking ones life is selfish and hurts others. What about the pain and despair that I am going through ? Does that matter or count ? It seems like no medication or therapist can help me want to live or make me happy. I just cannot seem to make myself happy. One thing after the other happen and batter my life away. How much more can I take ? Ever just wake up in the morning and just not care ?
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Life is always worth living, no matter how difficult things get. No one has a perfect life, no matter how rich you are.
  3. pinkpetals33

pinkpetals33 Well-Known Member

I know, those blankets statments people make right away..."what about your will they deal with it??" Annoys the heck outta me....

You're right, meds and therapist cannot make us happy. Meds can help us function but even meds don't make us happy. IMO, good therapists are hard to come by.........even they, cannot make us happy. It really is a self effort to getter better.

What things have been going on that you feel its out of your control and killing you?
  4. Gecko

Gecko Member

Im not happy with my life, with my job, my past choices I have made, the consequences of my past choices, many different things cause me to feel this way.
  5. Colourful

Colourful Well-Known Member

Can i suggest maybe not dwelling so much in the past? We've all made mistakes, but the trick to going forward is not looking back. :)
  6. Gecko

Gecko Member

Easier said than done my friend. I would be in a different place in my life because of my past mistakes and so much around me reminds me of that.
  7. sadman1981

sadman1981 Member

My thoughts exactly....
  8. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that you feel so low right now :hug: i hope things get better for you soon!
  9. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

I agree that garbage from the past does affect the present, but it doesn't have to define the present. The past is done, the future can't be known, all that leaves us is NOW. You can take control of NOW even if the past and the future are out of control. Keep your focus on the moment.
  10. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree with middleofnowhere!!! Dwelling on the past, you can't change. The present is what you need to focus on. Take it one day at a time( now how did that old saying creep back in there). Because it works for alot of people.
    The only person I recommend is a therapist!! They do help and they can teach you how to be a survivor. My therapist pisses me off sometimes but when we meet again we will sit down and talk about how I felt from the remarks she might have said the last time we met. Seek The Help!!!!
  11. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

A great quote from a great book: do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
  12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

That is a good quote and so true. We cannot change what happened in the past, but we can affect what the future holds. If you let the past define the future, you will never move beyond it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.