Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by codkid, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. codkid

codkid Member

I feel like a whole lot of my problems stem from the fact that im not really good at anything. Whenever I lose, I feel like im worthless which leads to depression and thoughts of suicide. Wherever I go it seems like someone is besting me, and I can't handle being just average. I also have a problem with discipline and not finishing things I have started which I think is the basis for my ideas about winning. I have begun to realize that to be good at something takes practice, hard work, and smart work. I have become better in some aspects of winning just by realizing these three things. Anyways, what are your guys thoughts on winning? How big of a priority is it in your lives and how does it affect how you view the world?

ps. it feels good to win. imo when I do win it makes my life 95% better.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

to be life is not about winning really it is about sharing giving help others win so to speak i am happy just being me without the glory i guess. winning is being able to just exist every day sorry if that does not make sense
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I don't live my life thinking that so and so bested me.. I live a meagor life style.. Winning at something doesn't matter to me..
  4. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

I have no desire to win anything, i am content just to take part.
  5. codkid

codkid Member

interesting. I think I have an inferiority complex.
  6. codkid

codkid Member

that sounds very selfless of you. I can understand what you're saying perfectly... I am just not that person.
  7. nobody man

nobody man Well-Known Member

There are few things in my life where I can "win", but of those things winning doesn't really matter to me. I play hockey on occassion and I just really enjoy playing more than anything. I'm a good sport when it comes to winning or losing, but the joy of winning is still undeniable.
  8. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

I think I've 'won' if I get through a day without thinking of suicide.
    I think I've 'won' when I can spend a few hours laughing and joking with family and friends.
    Somedays I think I've 'won' if I actually manage to get out of bed.
    I'm not a competitive sort of person and as you can see my goals in life aren't really that complex.
    There are occassions when I like to win though, if I'm honest. I represent people who have issues in the work place and when I prove that they've been bullied or harassed or treated badly etc then I do get a real high out of it. Particularly when I save someones job.
    I like to help people but I'm not interested in material things. I have no interest in what sort of car someone has or whether their dress is designer or not. I'm not remotely competitive in the field of material things.
    I think its a lot more important to find balance in life than to win.
  9. Well-Known Member

"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom queen."
  10. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Makes a lot of sense to me, and you also have to bear in mind, tasting victory is so much sweeter when we have tasted defeat. Life is full of highs and lows sometimes it seems like there is always lows, but everyday brings new challenges and sometimes just getting through each day is winning in itself, the rest will come and fit in later.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.