wish i had someone

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by DJNinja88, Apr 30, 2013.

1. DJNinja88

DJNinja88 Member

i have been alone all my life. im almost 25 now..and i fear it might be to late if i do get a gf. i don't know to many women out there who will want to date a 24 year old who has never been with anyone in my life. sometimes i think im destined to be alone.
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I often feel like I'll end up alone, because everyone I care about ends up using me. But I'm not going to let that bring me down, and I'll find the right person one day, and so will you. I don't think lack of relationship experience matters, and it's never too late to find someone.
  3. dreamer11

dreamer11 Member

I know how you feel. I'm 20 and boys don't notice me like they notice other girls, and I'm extremely worried that things won't change.
  4. PJLane

PJLane Well-Known Member

I also feel this way, i have not been in a relationship for so many years and since i am agoraphobic and cant work and have no friends, it just seems impossible that i will meet someone. I often think it is likely i will die alone and no one will find me for days or weeks or maybe months :(
  5. katrina77

katrina77 Guest

Let's see, when is it too late to stop looking for a relationship? When you have died of old age, and then it's necrophilia, so that is just nasty.....

Seriously, none of us come stamped with an expiration, or use by, date on our butts. There is no time limit.

When you meet someone, it is none of their business whether or not you have been in other relationships. If they ask, you can just answer that there are none that you find relevant to talk about at this time.

As far as any gal, or guy, not wanting to date someone who hasn't dated before, come on. So a gal would rather date a "player" who has more chance of carrying an antibiotic resistant social disease? Or is still hung up on his last girlfriend? Or has a lot of baggage from a lot of failed relationships? Or maybe he's just the kind that wants to use and then dump them? No way.

Being a virgin, or being "guilty" of not having been in a lot of failed relationships is not some sort of crime that disqualifies you from finding someone. The only one that can hold us back is ourselves.

But the first thing WE ALL need to do, is get to the point where we are doing well by ourselves. I know that the thing that sent me running from guys when I was dating was if they wanted to get too close too fast. You don't want to come across as desperate to be in a relationship, that's a red flag to everyone. But if you are okay just being by yourself, you can become confident enough to attract the kind of gal who feels the same way. This is the type of beginning that can start a positive healthy relationship, which is the only kind worth having.

Keep trying, but for now, just work on being the type of person you would want to be with, and stop worrying about finding a girlfriend. If you can gain some confidence and feel good about yourself, one just may find you.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

There's a first time for everything and when it comes to relationships, it is never too late. Lately I remember seeing a couple, I'd stab a guess at saying they were in their mid eighties, and they were holding hands while crossing the road. It was such a beautiful image, it made my day. It is never too late, just get yourself out there and meet new people..you never know where it might lead. :)
  7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I knew a woman who married for the first time at 48. It is NEVER too late. :hug: :)