Wish I was dead

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sue50, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

My partner of 34 years has had a affair ,I have forgiven him and we are trying again, but I keep finding out that he has said different things to other people he has told me he loves me , but his sister has said to me he does love me but not in a way I want him to do x

2. JV3

JV3 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to read this Sue. I completely understand why you feel the way you do. Anytime you have an issue like this with someone you love it can be extremely difficult to deal with. I don't know what the solution will be for you, but I want you to know you're strong enough to get through this, and I believe you will one way or another. Take care!

3. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

Thankyou x

4. Velvetina

Velvetina Member

I can't even start to imagine how much you must be hurting - I'm so sorry.

The fact that you're here and reaching out to people, sharing your story, shows that you are strong and you can handle things. I don't know how everything is going to go for you. Only you know if you can move on together from what's happened, but no matter what if you need someone to listen there are so many people on here who are amazing and willing to listen.

5. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

Thanks

6. GreySilence

GreySilence Well-Known Member

Hi, sorry to hear what you're going through. I'm no expert on these types of situations, but if you still love him and want him to look only at you, perhaps you could try to do something that makes your relationship feel fresh again? maybe some kind of surprise? maybe doing something that makes him nostalgic about a time when you both started dating or early into the marriage? basically, show him that you're trying to keep his interest, and he might feel guilty directing his love towards anyone but yourself. Once again, I've got no real experience here, I'm 20 and I've only been in relationships that have lasted a bit over a year. Anyways, stay strong, Sue

7. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am sorry for the painful situation you find yourself in. While trust is surely an issue right now so that will make you want to listen to other people about your partner, I really suggest you listen less to others and more to what he has to say. Even well meaning family members can cloud issues when they add their own interpretation into situations about what is wrong or how he might feel and it is impossible for hr to "know" how he feels any more than you . Talk to him and maybe try a counselor for the two of you to help talk to each other if it is difficult to have a conversation on your own, but aside from a counselor that is trained in impartiality and does not have any loyalties to either I would try to keep the opinions and offerings of people that are not you or your partner to a minimum in any decision making.

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am really sorry to hear that Sue. It might be a good idea to let him know what you know and maybe suggest marriage counselling? Honesty is the best policy in this situations, 'cos it is not exactly a white lie....I can't imagine how bad it must be making you feeling but know we are here for you and I wish you luck with what you choose to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.