Wish me luck

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Rukia, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I have an exam tomorrow and I have decided that if I fail it I'll kill myself. :smile: It's not like I'm trying to fail, I'll do my best, but if I don't get it right this time then I'll never get it right. That's why I'll kill myself soon.

Wish me luck :smile: or not. :tongue:

2. LostSpirit

LostSpirit Well-Known Member

There is more to life then exams, and killing yourself because you fail is not a good reason to do such a thing...

im sure you will do fine

x

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Rukia,
    Not passing an exam is no reason to kill yourself. If you cram today and tonight then you should be fine. If you don't pass it then hire yourself a tutor so you can take it over and with the tutors help you should be fine.
    You are way to young to be contimplating death. There is a whole big world out there waiting for you to explore. From what I have read that you have posted you sound very level headed. So please put those thoughts out of your mind. You know you have our support so if you need to talk some more then PM one of us!!~Joseph~

4. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

Failing an exam is not a reason to kill yourself at the end of the day there's more to life than passing or failing exams. I'm sure you will do better than your expecting

5. Hi Rukia! I'm not really sure about your situation, but I might be able to relate a little bit when it comes to exams and frustration in performing well. I have some pretty bad test anxiety. I've failed quite a number of exams and felt horrible, even suicidal at times for doing so poorly. But if you do do poorly and there is still any chance for you to still get the grade you're hoping for, DON'T GIVE UP!!!! Study harder for the next test. You'd be amazed how much you can turn a horrible situation around in a class. One time, I got a 48/100 on my first exam, but after a bunch of struggling ended up with an A in the course. Make sure you visit your teacher too for assistance (this helps amazingly for most profs).

Anyways, sorry if I mis-interrupted how you feel. At any rate- if you are ever really nervous before a test and need encouragement, just pm me and we'll build you up!

6. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

I've seen you around; you're usually very sensible. But...

This type of perspective probably inhibits your performance. Don't think like that! It's not the end-all, be-all; it's a test. It's a sheet of paper with some writing on it or something. Yeah, it determines the quality/quantity of the knowledge you've accumulated in some subject or other in some crammed classroom environment or other, but it's not always an accurate representation because perhaps you've had a shitty day, maybe you have test anxiety, or maybe the questions are worded oddly. It doesn't reflect your character! You'll have plenty of time to recuperate and do better and all that. It says nothing about you as a person besides the fact that you did badly on a test on such-and-such date. So? I've done shittily on numerous tests and I'm doing just fine in school now.

Seems weighty at the moment maybe, but perhaps it's something to laugh at later, and definitely not something to kill yourself over. Reading your posts it's obvious: you're smart enough without some bullshit exam determining your self-worth.

Don't sit the value of your life on some multiple-choice questions or an essay. It's gotta be worth more.

Good luck good luck good luck anyway, and I'm sure you'll do fine. Just... try. You can't fault yourself for giving your all. :hug:

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Rukia,

Exams aren't everything. Please don't depend on an exam to determine whether your life is worth living or not. You are worth more than that :hug:

8. Kunera

Kunera Well-Known Member

I wouldn't put my life on something so simple, but I can understand how you're feeling.

Best of luck to you!

9. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I know I'm being silly, but I really don't want to wait another year to start my life. :tongue: There's no reason for me to kill myself, other then that I want to die. Now I have a reason. :smile:

It didn't go very well. I'll probably fail it, maybe I'll get an E if I'm lucky. :unsure:

10. pit

pit Well-Known Member

What's the exam for, pray tell?

As far as I'm concerned, life consists of too much red tape, licenses, degrees, and exams, all of which are useless to me. I don't want to lift a finger to help this shit society.

11. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

Good luck, but I'm sure you don't need it. You'll pass with honours. :arms:

12. Regenesis

Regenesis Well-Known Member

Bad luck

13. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Hi

You can only try you best and do what you can. There is no reason to kill yourself. I understand how hard it must be. The only thing I can say is do you best, dont let people put you down. You are who you are and they should accpet that.

The same goes for when you are doing exams. Do your best

14. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Rukia,
    You don't even know yet if you passed or failed and you are already in a self defeating mind set. If you don't pass go to your prof. and ask for a retake in a couple of days so you can study harder. Then find someone in your class that took the same exam and passed and ask for help!! There is nothing to be ashamed about. You are a good person and we care what happens to you. Stay Safe!!~Joseph~

15. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

The problem is that I can't retake it until next year. There wouldn't be a problem if I could retake it now or next semester. I don't want to do this anymore, I want to get a job or start studying something else.

16. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I failed.

17. Rockster

Rockster Guest

:hug: im sorry to hear that but all will be fine, just keep going until you get a chance to re-take

18. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: sorry to hear that rukia :hug:

19. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you failed the exam Rukia. But there's so much more to life than exams. I really hope you won't kill yourself over this. :hug:

20. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

I'm really sorry Rukia! :sad: You need to try relax and then plan something else. Stay strong! :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.