wish me luck

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Stormhand, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Stormhand

Stormhand Well-Known Member

coming up soon I am going to be talking to my mom about alot of things that has happened to me, alot lf which she provoked and made worse.
    It has taken me some time to get the nerve up, but by this point I feel emotionally cold enough to not care much what happens after.

Here coming monday I am going to be going out to eat wiht her, and try my best to fill her in on things, how it has made me feel and how she has affected those, things, right now the only thing I am scared of is that I will totally lose my train of thought...Carla, thanks dear, you helped more then you know.

2. Mat Voleido

Mat Voleido Well-Known Member

I hope everything goes well for you! If I can offer one peice of advice that has helped me in some situations, is try to avoid placing direct blame, even if the person is deserving of it. If the person is calm and levelheaded, you can let them know they did wrong for sure. But my parents were neurotic. So I used statements like "I feel", you know? Instead of being like "You stormed into my room, tossed my shit and woke me up and scremed", try and say "Mom, when you came into my room this morning, I felt a little intimidating because I felt like you were taking your anger out on me". The second one sounds alot better. But you know your mom best, so I hope that everything goes as well as possible :smile:

3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Just try to remain calm when you talk. It might be hard... but a calm conversation is always more worth listening to than a screaming match; I think.

Good luck- I'm sure you'll be fine. She's your mum afterall.

4. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Good luck :)

5. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I hope it goes well! :hug:

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

is there anyway you can talk to your mom with someone beside yu for support
    Make it a day that is not to stressful for either of you a calm moment and say mom we really need to talk okay about boundaries and respecting each others space, I hope it goes well for you.

7. bubblin girl

bubblin girl Well-Known Member

good luck darlin :grouphug:

8. LotusFlower

LotusFlower Antiquities Friend

good luck.

9. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

10. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

good luck you show strength for talking about this :hug:

11. Stormhand

Kitty hun I am always calm, I have tried to make a practice of keeping my cool.
    Its just when I start pointing the finger she starts freaking.

12. Stormhand

The best thing I know to do is to take it to a public place, that way each one of us has to watch what we say, the last thing I want to do is take a friend with me, I don't want to pull anyone down, and besides I really do not have any friends who would do such a thing, they call this kind of thing "drama" and most of them want a drama free life, the only support I have on an emotional basis, is on here.

13. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Good luck :hug:

14. Stormhand

thanks everyone!!