wish someone knew I was at this point

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by almost99, Apr 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. almost99

almost99 New Member

I can't ask for help, or I'll be accused of manipulation.

My wife made me leave to get 8 weeks of counseling to "get better." I didn't even feel depressed, but at 4 weeks, I'm feeling really alone and I hurt so bad.

I really need to cry, but I can't. All this pain with no exit point. Want to cut but that's for attention seekers, right? Maybe typing in a forum in my car in a kmart parking lot will help.

I don't even have a desire for something else. I don't know what good feels like. I want it to end.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is ok to cry ok do it where no one see you if you must shower your car but let go of some of the sadness. You are getting counseling that is good talk to your counselor and tell that person how you are truly feeling If they cannot see it is not manipulation then they are not a good counselor NO ONE should be judging you ok Keep talking here we do understand people who just do not get it.
  3. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

I'm so sorry to hear things are so rough right now. Do you have a place to stay where you feel welcome and comfortable? The therapy you're getting is good - perhaps they will be able to help you realize that when you ask for help you are not just being manipulative , but are in genuine pain that needs addressing. It does sound like you are getting a certain lack of sympathy for your depression and I hope that changes for you. This is a kind place and people will not pass judgement so please feel free to come back often.
  4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Have you been getting counseling? It sounds to me like your wife is pushing for you to get help any way you can rather than pushing for you to pretend nothing is wrong... Instead of cutting or other negative coping perhaps talk to the counselor about more positive coping strategies?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.