wish you were never born?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by painful, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. painful

painful Well-Known Member

Would you like to have been asked wether or not you wanted to be born?

2. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

Most definitely wish I wasn't. Don't know if this is the right place to post this though.

3. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

That would've been nice.

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

If only!!
    I would've said NO

5. BornAgain

BornAgain Well-Known Member

As a abortion survivor and suicide attempt survivor I tell you that I have been blessed to have been born and not died while attempting, I feel as if both times God pushed me into this world for a reason, so I am very joyful and hopeful for starting a nicer life in this planet and I am enjoying every second of it, regardless of any obstacles in the road....

I don't think I was asked if I wished to be born, I was actually not wished in this world, when I found out it hurt me a lot, but I am very happy and thankful to be here.

6. ~Young-Violet~

~Young-Violet~ Banned Member

If we did have a choice I don'tt think we would have known what life was likee until we started expierianceing it when then we would realise all the good and bad. So I think we really shouldn't have a choice but thats my personal view :hug: x

7. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

IF we had a choice then we'd already have had to been born to have a choice!

So there!

8. khorup

khorup New Member

I'm not sorry for being born, I'm sorry for the way my life turned out. If I could redo my life, I would do start all over.

9. kobie76

kobie76 Well-Known Member

I sometimes think life is worth all the crap just as long as sometimes something makes you happy or smile even if its just for a minute. Life truly is a like a roller-coaster.
    Other times though, I think thats just a load of bollocks:wink:

10. warrabinda

warrabinda Well-Known Member

i liked being alive when i was little. bar a few things, i was given the message that i was acceptable. when i hit adolescence and became aware of the big mean world screaming that i wasn't and my friends validating it, then it fell apart.
    i wish my parents had another daughter. i know they desperately wanted children. i just wish it hadn't been me; they're worth so much more.

11. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

This is one reason (out of several) that I'm opposed to procreation in general. It's fundamentally coercive, and consent is literally impossible.

12. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

A better question would be>>Would you prefer being born on Earth or going straight to Heaven? The reason I ask that is because the Christians tell me that when a Newborn baby dies right at its birth, the baby goes straight to Heaven, never suffering at all. Obviously,I wish I had died at birth as many babies do. Of course,I would still be alive but in Heaven (a place of perfect joy).

13. Emerald Hyperion

Emerald Hyperion Not So Well-Known Member

I've always wished that I was never born for as long as I can remember, and if it were a choice, my answer would've been a definite no.

14. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

Yes.
    I'm always telling my mom that I shouldn't of been born.

15. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Being born was fine. It was different life moments that maybe could have been avoided would be better.

16. topper

topper Well-Known Member

Given the option, I'd have been ignorant of how bad life could get. The only thing before me would've been opportunity so while I wish I hadn't been born, I cant' say I'd have been wise enough to say no.

Still it's just a dream. No one gets a choice.

17. Kunera

Kunera Well-Known Member

Well, before I was born, I probably would have said yes, as I would've lacked any prior knowledge as to what life would be like.

If I was asked if I wanted to be born, and I was in my current mindset somehow, I can't really say for sure, it would depend on the moment. There's points where I'd go with it, and points where I'd rather just throw my hands in the air and say "Fuck it, I don't want any part of this."

18. damage.case

damage.case Well-Known Member

If I knew I'd turn out the way I have I would have chosen not to be born.

19. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

Yeah, i wish i were never born. I have an oldest brother and older sister. I wish they had stopped procreating after having my older sister. I wish I never had to smell taste hear see touch.

20. Ravenwing

Ravenwing Well-Known Member

Oh my, that's a tough one.

When in the depths of depression, my answer would be a very definate no. I hate myself with a passion and wish with all my heart that I wasn't here. Yet when I come out of that low, I think about what I can achieve, by trying to help other people with similar problems, and I would say yes. Tricky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.