Wishing miscarriage on your friend!?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by feathers, Nov 19, 2010.

1. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

Getting very sick of my friend slagging off my potential unborn child. He thinks it's a bad idea me having a baby, which, to be fair, it probably is, but when I've been in a state of constant depression and wishing for suicide for the past 4 months, and I find something that just fills me with hope and happiness (my potential baby) it can't possibly seem like a bad idea. Thinking about my baby growing and kicking and then thinking about holding it and making it laugh when it's born fills me with more happiness than I've ever felt, longing, love. The breaks I get from my depression are just amazing. In fact, I'm barely depressed any more lately now that I think I'm pregnant. Just mostly happy.

Then, of course, there has to be one friend who ruins it all. Who thinks it's funny to joke about me having a miscarriage. Who states that he thinks it would be hilarious if my baby died. Yes, very hilarious. Because if my babies dies, I might very well go too. Honest to God, though, despite telling him to STOP joking and that it WASN'T FUNNY AT ALL he still continued to the point where I left the classroom I was in with him to go downstairs to where my other friends were sitting and cry. Then, after my boyfriend and a mutual friend told him that it wasn't something to joke about and that he'd upset me badly, he still didn't show any remorse or act like he cared at all, or even fucking understood that what he did was fucking horrible.

When I find out for sure if it's there, he'd better fucking stop it, or else in my hormonal, emotionally overreactive state, I am going to fucking lose it with him. Even the thought of my child existing makes me happier than anything and he's the only one being fucking awkward who can't just accept that I'm happy for once. Has to be pedantic, constantly telling me that a child will ruin my life, can't see the fucking good in anything.

Honestly, this isn't just like, a casual friend he's slagging off or anything. It's my baby. My unborn child, and he thinks it's funny to joke about it dying or stuff like that. IT'S NOT FUCKING FUNNY. AT ALL.

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

After four months you should know if your pregnant.. Have you thought about taking birthing classes?? He might think it's a joke until he has to start paying child support.. You don't need him into yours and your babies lives..Stay away from him, you don't need the xtra stress..Good wishes to you and your baby!!

3. feathers

Don't think you read my post properly, I'm not 4 months along, that's just how long my depression has lasted for this time around. I can't actually test for pregnancy until next week, I've just been having lots of symptoms. The friend in question is not my boyfriend, who is wonderful and supportive.

Thank you for your reply and thank you for the well wishes x

4. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

Its not funny. He doesn't sound like a friend if thats what he is doing. Unfortantly there are lot of immature twats out there, sometimes they don't really understand what they are saying or doing. Suprised your boyfriend has not had some word with him at least, kind of thing that would make me cross. I hope things go well for you Kazine.

5. feathers

Thank you Decode :(. My boyfriend sent him a Facebook messages telling him he was pissed but he still didn't seem to care.

And I know for a fact he's reading this thread as we speak so he might actually take it in.

6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I hope you distance yourself from that ...saying things like that is cruel ..
    that is not how friends are supposed to act

7. SeperatedOne

SeperatedOne Active Member

I'm glad you're staying strong with your baby, I mean if it is distracting you from your depression and giving you something forward to look to to in life then he should accept this.
    You give me hope, just ignore this person, you're stronger and much better than him.
    God bless you and your baby :)
    I wish you all the best in life <3

8. Bedtime

Bedtime Member

I might be depressed but what an absolute twat. Get the hell away, what normal person ever would say this! Dickheads like this just drag you further down. Run!

9. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

He doesn't sound like a friend at all. Your baby comes first and if he's acting this way before the baby's born, God knows what he'll be like once it's in your arms. If I were you I'd get rid of this friend unless he sharpens up his act pronto.

Good luck in any case.

10. feathers

Thanks for the support guys. <3

11. Kina

Kina Member

When I had a miscarriage, an ex of mine that's not fond of me at all got wind of it. He contacted me playing nice, then he brought up the miscarriage and said some really sick stuff about it, to get beneath my skin.

You say he may have a point, and that's fine, but his point doesn't justify the sick shit he says. It just speaks volumes about his own issues. What a creep.

12. feathers

Sorry to hear about that dude, what an asshole :(. Hope karma gives him a kick up the ass someday.