With chronic pain

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Chaste, Apr 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaste

Chaste New Member

Im New here and suffer multiple chronic pain issues that have made me disabled ,now my boyfriend has stolen from me ,he took enough of my pain meds I will be out for a week ,I'm suicidal enough but now going through withdrawal plus the pain I endure anyhow will be twice as much . I CANNOT believe he did this to me and that makes it the worst . No one loves me ,that is how I feel and I've been planning my own death for months now anyhow because I cannot stand the pain . Now Im scared to live ,scared of withdrawal,scared of living the rest of my life like this or worse . I have not one friend here and dying I would be at peace . Im scared to die but would rather die then go on living like this . I have lupus,my spine is so messed up I can hardly walk plus many other issues . I see no other option . Please help me .
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Hi there @Chaste I am so sorry to hear about your pain, both the physical and the mental.

Being out of meds is one of my worst fears... so I can understand, and on top of it that your boyfriend stole them. I'm sorry that happened.

Could you talk to your doctor or pharmacy? If you don't want to tell them that your meds got stolen, you could tell them you accidentally dropped the bottle or something and get a new prescription?

Please hang in there hun. I know it's tough right now, but things will be okay. When you get your meds again you will feel better, right?
    And about not having any friends... I know it's hard to socialize when you have chronic pain, but when you feel better could you consider joining social clubs or taking up some hobbies? You could meet people there?

Until you get your meds you could try meditation and mindfulness. I did that to survive when my pains got out of control and I didn't want to get on pain relief... the meditation especially helped me. I would lie down and listen to music (for some reason Bob Dylan and Joan Baez works for me) and focus on the music, trying to follow one instrument or focus hard on the lyrics until I'd 'float away'. It actually made me forget the pain for a while.

Be kind to yourself please hun.
  3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

First thing you do is report bf fro stealing pain meds and then you with police report you will actually be able to get them filled and not look like trying to get extra- clearly is not fit as a boyfriend, or even friend, (nor half decent human) if is willing to let somebody else suffer so he can have a little high anyway).

In the end, while it does suck and I am very familiar with the issue and exact problem, it is a few days. It sucks, a lot, and will still be over in a few days. Go to hospital- they have to treat regardless if cannot deal with on your own and then the days will be over- so killing self is really not at all an appropriate level response to a very temporary situation.
  4. Chaste

Chaste New Member

It's not temporary . There are other things going on that won't end ,like my multiple pain issues . Even with pain meds it's just bearable . This is no way to live and I wish to be able to have assisted suicide . And I could never report him ,no matter what he did to me . I don't want him to go to jail we have a child together . Just for future if I even make it through the next week I will be locking up my meds . I just do not know how I will deal being cold turkey off an opiate pain med ive been taking four years for cancer,pain,he,stenosis,spine degenerative,lupus,broken tail bone etc . It's more than just this you understand . And I've made a report ,the pain clinic has a no early refill policy ,wither by being stolen or any other reason . I've already talked to them . There are too many addicts and the cdc have made it impossible . So there is no where to turn then today of all things my pc crashed. It's my only source of income too and im an artist digitally . So I'm just done feel out of hope and scared .
  5. Chaste

Chaste New Member

Thank you sorry im so weak I can hardly sit up.
  6. Chaste

Chaste New Member

And u are right ,im done with him but im not going to ruin his life for stealing cause he was desperate with his own issues .
  7. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

It was hard to learn that allowing another to get away with a wrong encourages them to do it more. Logical consequences are needed to encourage another not to continue with a behavior like stealing. It won't ruin his life. If he keeps stealing that will ruin his life.

I'm sorry you are in pain. One of my fears is having something happen to my pain meds. Chronic pain is the main thing that keeps me from doing much. I hope it gets better for you soon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.