withdrawal from triggering movies?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by the masked depressant, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

i'm not sure if thihs happens to anyone else, but i find myself dependent on the movies that trigger me.

if i find myself not watching them, i actually get withdrawal from them and need to watch them- even though they are making me worse anyway.

what on earth is going on?. and what can i do to stop this

2. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

I'm similar to a small extent. I find that as all films are cast using perfect looking people and good things always happen to the good guys, it makes any normal situation real life seem so much worse.
    i suppose i like seeing the right thing, any i get down when its not at all like real life :(

3. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

maybe its not the movies but the emotions they give you. if you are numb a lot of times, as bad as triggering is, maybe it makes you feel alive and thats the feeling you crave. i have probs with emotional numbness and detachment and sometimes crave feeling "alive" and as much as it hurts, you will get that feeling...almost as a form of self harm.

just guessing...could be total bs...but thats just my take on it...

:hug:

4. tweetypie

tweetypie Antiquities Friend

i dont know why this happens... for me i like to watch films that take me away from my own mind usually only to find that there is something in there thats trggering except i still keep watching it to the end lol silly me xx

5. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

those are good observations

in fact, i wouldn't be surprised if that's correct

sounds really logical

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.