Withdrawal symptoms

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Anime-Zodiac, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I've been doing some research on this in regards to alcoholic, drug and other types of addictions. Some of the with-drawal symptons described by the people going through them, seem to be moderate to severe.

I personally went through symptons such as: feeling physically weak, body tremors, headache's. These are but a few of the symptons.

I was wondering if other's here have or are currently going through with-drawal type symptons and how strong are they.

2. Ringo

Ringo Well-Known Member

Re: Withdrawal symptons

I've had bad alcohol withdrawal in the past. It's hard to explain but I get very shakey and anxious. Can't concentrate or sleep and just desperately want more alcohol to take it away.

It's a horrible feeling.

3. Anime-Zodiac

Yeah, withdrawal symptons like that can be horrible. I've read with any type of addiction, that they will ease but it's getting through it which is difficult.

4. Anime-Zodiac

Thanks for the info devnty06 =)

5. Caster

Caster Well-Known Member

I just finished withdrawing from alcohol fairly badly. I had slight DT's, shakiness, and threw up once. The worst part was the psychological withdrawals. I'm still trying to get through them.

6. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

i have only recently admitted a prob with alcohol and have tried to cut it down...but not sure if the anxiety is due to forgetting meds or less alc intake...this has crept up quickly..didnt drink at all for years as i needed to be able to jump in car at 2 secs notice and suddenly the thought of goiong thru a day with no alc is scary...my docs know...i dont care but i do...another form of self harm i guess :sigh:

7. liquid

liquid Well-Known Member

when im suffering withdrawal from alcohol i get very confused, for no reason at all i will get up and start doing things like looking for stuff i know i dont have anymore.... dunno hard to explain. Also shakey, sweaty and angry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.