Withdrawing..

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by planechaser, Jul 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. planechaser

planechaser Well-Known Member

The cravings are driving me insane. Doesn't help that I dream of using. Ran out of alcohol and don't have the money to buy more. Double whammie unfortunately. Any idle time my mind has, which is damn near all the time, I think about using. I just want a taste. I can only smoke so many cigs to take the edge off a bit.

Of course It doesnt help any that Im depressed. But now I have no way of dealing with it and its really pissing me off. Not to mention my temper is very short.

What do I do? Any advice? I know it wont be long before I snap

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

My advice would be to talk to your doctor get on some medication that will decrease your urge to use okay help you hugs

3. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

What substance are we talking about here because suddenly stopping certain things can be fatal

4. planechaser

planechaser Well-Known Member

I couldn't resist the urge to use again. Gave in late last night.

I use multiple substances unfortunately and I drink when Im out of drugs or to enhance the high.

I know I gotta stop. But how else can I forget my past and the now

5. Kassy

Kassy Well-Known Member

My therapist always says : live the emotion and do not cover it.

He is right, but god it is hard sometime.

I am now using lorazepam to stop my alcohol craving.

And when the stress is too high, I take my metal binder clips and pinch my body. That pain is strong enough to calm me down.

:-(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.