Without joy, why endure life?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Warp, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warp

Warp New Member

My girlfriend has been away about a week on vacation out of the country. In another week we are meeting up in another state then the week after that she comes home. I feel like she's the only one I can can really talk to, the only one who truly understands me. She's been gone so long it feels as though she was never real, just a fond imaginatory character I devised to make myself feel purposeful & loved. Without her life is hollow & joyless & as life's stresses & annoyances fight me, I don't have it in me to fight back without her help. In my head I see 1 week of her not even knowing it happened. The following week some confusion as to where I am, but no certaintys or ways in which to find out. Then 2 weeks from today she'll come home and discover the truth. By then I'm sure adults would be prepared to watch her to ensure she doesn't mimic me. I know it's not the right choice, but with every passing moment it's appeal only grows stronger.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

You say you know it is not the right choice...then it also seems like your feelings about yourself without her are ones you do not accept...are these things you can work on? Sorry you are feeling this way, but glad she returns in a few weeks

3. EisNayk

EisNayk Well-Known Member

be happy that she will return to you. when you feel like this about someone it feels good to be close to them and when they are not close by it is a little tough but you can be happy in the fact that she will return.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

She will return soon, so you can look forward to seeing her again. Please try to hold on, for her and for us :hug:

5. Warp

Warp New Member

Thank you everybody. I know I didn't really respond before and I've kept to myself, but I have one might left and your words did help get me through it. Thank you all, you are genuinely gracious and caring people. I wish only the best to come for you all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.