Witnessed it

Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by JBird, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBird

JBird Well-Known Member

:( i just witnessed a lady getting beating up by her husband in front of her son :(

I was outside their house playing curby with my friend when we kept hearing huge bangs and screams and everything. My friend was carrying on as normal and saying we should bounce it quietly so we can hear whats happening. Next thing you know the son, whos probably about 9 or 10, comes swinging out of the door and running away being chased by his dad. They came back, the kid wasn't in trouble he was just scared and his dad ran after him concerned for him. While they were gone i kept trying to tell my friend and to call the police, coz i freeze when i talk to people with power, but she wouldn't, all she said kept saying was that we got to wait and see if anything else happens and that its the norm on our estate.

It did carrying on but we didn't hear any banging, just shouting until their eldest daughter came to take her brother away. We walked away because i was starting to get scared. Waited at my friends for an hour, forgot everything then on the way back my house i saw her running down the road with a bag, absolutely battered with her husband walking quickly behind her. I just ran back to my flat which is only opposite their house.

I don't know what to do about it, i can't call the police myself, i don't even know the address of the people so i can get someone else to call and also i don't know...why...kinda because there are always fights on this street and they aren't reported, it just brings the neighbours together to gossip. I dont know.

2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I would have probably left it... the problem is that even though domestic violence is very prevalent in some areas, there's only so much that the police can do... they aren't there 24/7 to witness it, only to help pick up the pieces afterwards, which I think its a really sad thing.

TDM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.