woah...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by storm, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. storm

storm Well-Known Member

i just got hit with a major wave of anxiety out of the blue and its literally knocked the wind out of me. I want to cut. so bad
    the only thing grounding me is being on skype. if i wasnt idk what id do. and if i still feel like this when i get off im going to do it.. i know i will.. i can't freaking think right now my chest hurts. sorry for bothering youg uys i just had to get it out

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

.....Get it all out. Panic attack. It won't kill you, it will pass, breathe in deeply slowly and out slowly. You probably know this stuff already but a reminder might help. Please call the hospital if you are thinking of suicide or if you self harm. You're not alone.

3. storm

storm Well-Known Member

Thank you Petal. I'm trying to breathe deep but chest is so tight. so tight it hurts. I hate panicking. I know it'll pass. i just wish it would already.
    He's singing crazy songs on skype to me so its helping a bit :) thank you so much for reminding me about the hospital. That thought always leaves me completely when i'm in crisis but they have been very helpful in the past :hug:

4. Petal

You are very welcome, when the chest is tight you are most likely hyperventilating and breathing into a paper bag should help a bit. I really hope it eases off very soon for you as you have had such a good day so far. :hug:

5. storm

storm Well-Known Member

Ah I forgot about the paper bag too. I always remember this stuff when i'm NOT panicking heehee. thank you
    and yeah i hate that....when you're having such a good day then WAM! anxiety. :(
    :hug:

6. Petal

Getting some fresh air might help too. Yes, I am the same when I have a panic attack my mind goes blank so the reminders are good! Wishing you all the best my friend :)

7. storm

storm Well-Known Member

I wrote them all down on a sticky note and stuck it to my wall :D I can't forget next time hehe. I feel a lot better. That was so quick but I'll take it :) Thanks a ton!

8. Petal

Anytime hun, always here and have time for you. I'm glad it has passed :)

9. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

attacks are awful. good that it passed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.