woah...

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by storm, Feb 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. storm

storm Well-Known Member

i just got hit with a major wave of anxiety out of the blue and its literally knocked the wind out of me. I want to cut. so bad
    the only thing grounding me is being on skype. if i wasnt idk what id do. and if i still feel like this when i get off im going to do it.. i know i will.. i can't freaking think right now my chest hurts. sorry for bothering youg uys i just had to get it out

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

.....Get it all out. Panic attack. It won't kill you, it will pass, breathe in deeply slowly and out slowly. You probably know this stuff already but a reminder might help. Please call the hospital if you are thinking of suicide or if you self harm. You're not alone.

3. storm

storm Well-Known Member

Thank you Petal. I'm trying to breathe deep but chest is so tight. so tight it hurts. I hate panicking. I know it'll pass. i just wish it would already.
    He's singing crazy songs on skype to me so its helping a bit :) thank you so much for reminding me about the hospital. That thought always leaves me completely when i'm in crisis but they have been very helpful in the past :hug:

4. Petal

You are very welcome, when the chest is tight you are most likely hyperventilating and breathing into a paper bag should help a bit. I really hope it eases off very soon for you as you have had such a good day so far. :hug:

5. storm

storm Well-Known Member

Ah I forgot about the paper bag too. I always remember this stuff when i'm NOT panicking heehee. thank you
    and yeah i hate that....when you're having such a good day then WAM! anxiety. :(
    :hug:

6. Petal

Getting some fresh air might help too. Yes, I am the same when I have a panic attack my mind goes blank so the reminders are good! Wishing you all the best my friend :)

7. storm

storm Well-Known Member

I wrote them all down on a sticky note and stuck it to my wall :D I can't forget next time hehe. I feel a lot better. That was so quick but I'll take it :) Thanks a ton!

8. Petal

Anytime hun, always here and have time for you. I'm glad it has passed :)

9. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

attacks are awful. good that it passed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.