Woman attacks dog with shovel

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Mordeci, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

2. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

I detest anyone who harms an animal. Recently my girlfriend went to go see some staffies advertised for sale, when she got there she found the puppies to be suffering from malnutrition and living in their own feces. They were advertised as 8 weeks old but they were more like 4 weeks, still feeding off their mother, whom was in the same cage as the puppies, and we're talking a cage that the mother couldnt stand fully or move about in(layered with dog feces), and she looked like she had been used to breed continuously. the dad was in another cage similar. Well, my girl friend asked them some questions, then what sort of worming medication they were on and when the last time they had it, they said when they were 2 weeks and wouldn't need it for another month and a half. At that point my girlfriend took the money to cover all the puppies in there(6) and took them. The lady selling them tried to stop her saying 2 of the girls were already spoken for but my girl friend said if she tried she'd knock her down to the floor so fast. You can only guess as to why she wanted the girls, probably to breed more, but that's only a guess. Anyhow, to end it short, the police were contacted, the two adult dogs were taken away PLUS another 2 dogs somewhere else on the property and ive got 6 little puppies in the kitchen right now pooing and peeing like theres no tomorrow.

There are some seriously fucked up people in the world. If you are feeling like shit and feel on edge to the point where you snap at other things, please don't get any pets. And if you do, ask someoen to look after them or something. Beating them is so wrong.
  3. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's horrible. Things like that seem to happen quite often. I remember a classmate in school saying he found humor in seeing someone take a cat by the tail and then throwing it around. It's truly heartless.

It's good that this woman was arrested. People like that should be arrested. Just like everyone who works in a slaughterhouse.
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I can't even read the article. It makes me so sad to hear about people hurting and mistreating animals.

Blake, I'm glad your GF took all those puppies!!!
  5. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I grew up watching this sort of thing. The only living being in my household that did not receive constant vicious beatings was my mother because my father was getting embarrassed having police squad cars in front of my house. My poor Irish Setter was beaten bloody regularly and lived his 14 years a shy, nervous wreck.

Between the ages of five to eight years old I hit my poor dog with a leather whip (it still hangs on the wall at my dad's house) under my father's direct orders in order to "make the little f**ker respect me". I couldn't hit my dog after eight- becoming more mature and self aware. Animal abuse cases just short circuit my nerves.

Other than the explanation from the tidy diagnosis of psychopathology I really cannot understand how a human being can be capable of this behavior to a human or an animal.
  6. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Boy, I sure would like to smack this bitch in the face with a shovel.

7. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

<Mod Edit, WildCherry: Insulting>

as for the video, i don't know why people have pets if they hate them and just want to hurt them... my big sister got a dog from the spca that was abused and it's really sad to see. even though she's had it for like 5 years it's still afraid of people.. it was starved too and for some reason it's still super skinny, no matter how much she feeds it
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010
  8. Isabel

Isabel Staff Alumni

I dont know why, but animal abuses is my biggest trigger and also what anger me the most. I absolutely get killing for food, it is part of the cycle of life. But gratuitous cruelty to living things is just beyond me as killing for the fun of it. Just thinking about it is enough to spin my mood out of control.
  9. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

<Mod Edit, WildCherry: Rude>
    Death is a part of life and you are also responsible for it.
    <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Rude> for the crops you eat people like myself are employed to kill the rabbits/deer/rats/mice.
    You then have the fact that habitats are detroyed to grow crops on.
    At least people like myself are honest. I kill my own food and for that reason i can truly appreciate that i have had to take a life to sustain mine.
    animals are killed to keep you alive. simple.
    <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Inappropriate>
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2010
  10. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Seriously, let's keep this post on track (and without personal attacks).
  11. Sapphire

EDIT: I changed my mind. I don't see this remaining without trouble if it were continued.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2010
  12. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

i respect your opinion but there happens to be a huge difference between a slaughterhouse and abusing animals to die a slow painfull death on purpose
  13. Sapphire

Well, in my mind there's no such thing as justifiable murder of animals. I mean, as everyone knows, people don't need meat to be able to survive.

Why do you think is justifiable then? It's certainly not necessary?
  14. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

i have not said it is necessary to eat meat. my guess is you are vegetarian, thats fine. it is your choice. the reason i had to reply to your statement is because i find you are measering with two different pair off shoes. i have worked with animals my whole life, i do not know anything else but that. i have seen to much death being a huge reason for my current depression. dont get me wrong, i respect those who are against eating meat but i certainly find it a huge difference dying a quik a painless death or being stripped alive and beaten for my skin. i sure know which one i would prefere
  15. Sapphire

I don't measure with two different pairs of shoes. Quite the contrary. For me, it's all bad regardless of the reason, method or level of cruelty involved.
  16. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Poor dog. I was expecting to see some large Doberman barking its tail off at her but it's just a tiny little thing.
  17. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I am so disgusted with people like that. There are some people that shouldn't be allowed around children, animals or really most of the public. Its very depressing how this world can be, at least it is to me.

As for slaughterhouses, well. It's really not my "thing", to say the least. I am a vegetarian. However, it is a waste of time to judge people for eating meat. It is a personal choice. But... I also think that most packing plants and such are very inhumane. I live in a town that making a great deal of it's money from 2 big packing plants. I have heard how the animals, live are treated and killed. They are under the state or governments "standards", their deaths aren't so painful, but their lives are absolutely miserable. That is the part that gets to me. But I don't think there is really a way to keep it very humane in these huge places that go by time and money. Also, another thing I think is extremely pointless is killing animals purely to put their head on your wall.

Don't mind me, all. This is my version of thinking out loud. Again, this is no attack on eating meat or not. Because I know I don't like being attacked for being vegetarian, which is something that happens a lot here. I'm different, so I'm evil, right? :blink:
  18. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I can't watch any type of animal cruelty because it affects me far beyond those few minutes of tape...I have to guinea pigs and NEVER would I ever think of harming them in any way, even more I go out of my way to make them happy...because when they are happy, I am happy...

as for meat, I eat meat and I have seen cruelty done to animals who are to be slaughtered, I mean chicken force fed with a plastic thing inside their mouth so they can add food directly down their throat to make them fatter....

on the news a while back we saw a video of this man kicking and throwing the chickens against the wall...

some places they skin the animal alive...there's all kinds of abuse to get top products...I think that first they should find a humane way to kill them so they get as less pain as possible...

also seals are clubbed to death...young ones...

its just unbelievable....
  19. Adam_D

Adam_D Well-Known Member

I would do to that woman the same way what Jimmy Conway did to Billy Batts in Goodfellas. Stamp my foot repeatly on the bitch's face.
  20. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

I find it disturbing how many people would act physical revenge on the girl...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.