Woman Dumps Cat In Bin

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Axiom, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Yeah so Im sure people have seen or heard about this.

You know what gets me. Why the hell was there a camera there in the first place. We are so used to be watched that we just accept it, even if it's in residential areas.

I think it's scarey as hell that people only see a cat being dumped in a bin. Spose we all need someone to hate and love. I just hope people don't forget about the Camera.. or do people need it?

2. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

He wasn't watching the video like a security guard though. He found his cat in the bin and looked through the footage to find how it got in there.

There could be many reasons for having the camera outside his house, my guess is protecting his car, or maybe youths have been targeting his house, he may have been broken into before. I know someone who has a camera permanently watching their back garden because the shed keeps getting broken into.

I dont care for security camera's, they're a good thing not a bad thing, I'm not fussed if I am filmed walking down the street, it's for my own safety, I have nothing to hide.

3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I pretty much always assume I'm on a camera the moment I leave my house.
    I'm not doing anything bad, so it really shouldn't matter-- I don't give a shit about 'privacy' when I'm in public... especially when people are doing horrible things like-um-say- dumping a cat in a bin for no other reason than their own ignorance.

As for the video... I saw it on youtube.
    It made me really upset.
    I know that people all over the world do stupid shit like that all the time though... it can't really be helped. People are just a**holes sometimes.

4. TWF

TWF Well-Known Member

People only watch through the tapes when they have to. So you're not being constantly watched. I don't care if I'm being watched, as long as it's not in or around my house, because that's where the none-public stuff happens.

5. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

i dont care either about the camera's, its not like i am doing anything bad or have something to hide :unsure:
    but i do know without those cameras on the streets alot of crimes would never be solved, ive recently seen a video of a beating somewhere in london of one of those street camera's around nightlife area's, the guy was half dead after a bunch of drunk idiots used his face as a football, without those street camera's those guys would be walking free, is that what we want ? go camera's!

6. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

I'd hazard a guess that the majority of cameras are due to the amount of "Anti-social" behavior we have to put up with in Britain.

As for the cat lady, I love the public reaction, media bandwagon for the win compared to the amount of cruelty going on in the world.

7. Robin

Robin Guest

I agree, drive a batty old woman to suicide and give drunk drivers who kill and pedophiles slaps on the wrist.

That's not actually a very fair comment for me to make, especially when I consider the fact(?) that folks are always more likely to judge something they never do harshly.

There are prolly things you or I do that would make us want to roll under a stone and rot if it got stuck in front of 60 million grumpy gits but then again, I guess it beats watching the best summer we have end up in a storm drain lol :)

8. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

We are always being watched and our actions are always going to be made known. Blessings..

9. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Ack! Scariest diversion to promote CCTV yet! :D

10. SweetVitriol

SweetVitriol Antiquitie's Friend

CCTV just proves that the human species cannot be trusted to care for their own or others unless we are watched or think we are being watched..
    Given the number of CCTV cameras here in London, I am being watched from when I leave my house right until I get back home again..And that scares me not because I want to do wrong but because I never know who is watching or has access to the tapes..Esp given how lax our government is on private industries

11. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

Media and internet loonies aside, this incident is actually proof CCTV is important.

This woman will face charges or even go to jail for animal cruelty. Without CCTV people like this would get away with it.

The mistake here was the person who posted it on facebook instead of reporting it to the RSPCA. Now the criminal has become a victim.

12. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Do you want every instance of "criminal" behavior to be accounted for and brought to justice? We would need to have surveillance systems in place everywhere for that to happen, which would be everyone could/would know everyone else`s business, which would mean giving up on independence and trusting in everyone else as a whole.

Sometimes we learn alot about ourselves and life from the "criminal" things that happen in life and how we deal with them without someone else coming in and correcting us.

I spose I just mean, cameras are a good idea, but in controlled moderated way. In residential areas? It's become very dodgy. We're an un-unified society with independent people on the other end of the surveillance network whose morals and ethics are well.. could be anything.

Defiantly agree.

13. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

I think that is going too extreme, it's not about watching everything, its about having 100% unquestionable evidence in high risk public domains.

14. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Yep, that is the best use of survalience equipment for sure. I'm from canada, (vancouver) and at some of our skytrain depots we have had gangs moving around at night time harassing and beating people. One time a person was stabbed, but due to the survalience equipment, law enforcement was able to identify the people in question, and also respond to the situation because there was a operator at the other end of the camera in question who alerted the authorities and emergency crews.

I'm definatly not one who is against cameras in general, I'm just concerned by the, abundance of cameras. High risk areas, yes I agree. Temporary survalience setups in areas where hostility seems to be arising, yes I agree with. Permanent implementation of survalience equipment in calm areas I have an issue with.
    To be honest I don't know where exactly I stand with what would be a "perfect" watched society. Individually I don't care if someones watching me down the street, it's not really affecting me.. but that's slightly because I trust the "authorities" atm. No ones being a true dick, no restrictions on freedoms and such to any extremes. We're pretty lucky in the UK and NA. Just.. it's always a worry if anything major does happen. I just wonder how it could be used.

ug.. i shouldn't be replying. I've gone into stupid mode the last few days. In anycase, if you can find the solid point that seems to be lost in what I was writing, good on yeah. I think I've just concluded that im paranoid and totally don't trust what people will do with the tools that they have if certain elemnts are inplace to jusitify the change of use for a current method of survailence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.