Women and Rugby

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by sophie_b, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sophie_b

sophie_b Well-Known Member

i was browsing in a sports shop today and i over heard two men discussing rugby. i was happily evesdropping :tongue: when i heard one man say that women should not play rugby and that it was a mans sport only.

i have always wondered why a lot of men and women believe this. i play rugby, i grew up playing rugby and im a woman. i just cant see why some people think its a crime against nature or something.

i would be very happy if you could post your views on the subject,
    >>do you think women should NOT play rugby and if so why???
    >>do you think women SHOULD play rugby and if so why???

i would be a great help for me to understand some peoples views on this matter.
    x

2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I'm not a fan of rugby personally, but I don't see what's wrong with females playing rugby. If they want to, then it's their choice. It may be a sport dominated by men, but I dont think that people should be prejudiced because of it.

TDM

3. bunny

bunny Staff Alumni

im not a fan either, but my sister played, and i don't see any problem with it. My sister had to quit cos she has bad knees, and some people have tried to point out that means she, being a girl, is too "delicate" for such a rough game, of course we happily point out that our bad knees are inherited from dad, who also had to quit rugby because of them :rolleyes:

4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Times are changing, it used to be a mans sport but now we're getting more unisex than ever and women playing rugby is fine.

5. Random

Random Well-Known Member

That's OK. I'm a man and I don't get sports at all. Colossal waste of time and money if you ask me.

6. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

i dont think there is anything wrong with it at all.
    I never played rugby, but i played football for many years before i was ruled out with injury. I loved it and i would recommend it to any girls.

I think the men that dont want women to play are just scared they are going to get beat :)

7. Boratz

Boratz Well-Known Member

i would be very happy if you could post your views on the subject,
    >>do you think women should NOT play rugby and if so why???
    >>do you think women SHOULD play rugby and if so why???

Its ignorance at its best. Masochistic ,egotistic ,ignorant people.

I don't know where the West get the idea that
    sports is polarized by men.Any sports for that matter.
    I once try to join a league, but I was told I need a sponsor.
    I was mad to no end.

I saw that a lot of them are show off , & I would like to earn money
    by betting. If I lose ,I lose. No biggie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.