Women are always...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random

I believe humans can truly be altruistic. Haven't you ever felt sympathetic before and helped someone out without anything in return? That's altruism. If you understand how someone else feels and desire to alleviate their pain, how does that benefit you? Humans are instinctual altruists and perhaps this is why we develop crushes in 1st grade before any sexual interests are present. I have read, but don't know how reliable this source was, that dolphins will lift a drowning human and bring them to shore (and there are documented cases). This might be an example of altruism in nature.

@Random: There are theories based on your stance:
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altruism
Hi Zetaf -

I kind of get what you're saying but I still think that even sympathy is more about the self than it really is the other person. For instance, when we see someone in a bad situation (particularly if it's something we've personally been through), we imagine ourselves in their shoes/situation and that is where the empathy/sympathy comes in. Like "God, that would just be terrible!". But isn't that still selfish?

Random

if it's just about you without any real concern for the other person, then that would be a bit worrying. But an important part of love is the good feelings and stuff that it bring.
I think you just agreed with me (without realizing it). Yes. The good feelings that it brings. Even if you want your love to bring good feelings to the other person, you want that because it pleases you. It makes you feel good. Right?

Placebo

But is that socially learned behavior or is it natural female behavior? Girls are raised with the idea that sex has to be something more than purely physical pounded into their heads daily. So it's really hard to say if it's natural or not. I grew up with a sister about a year younger than myself so I know what goes on between mothers and daughters and also what girls are taught as "proper" behavior.

Generally, the extent of "teaching" that goes on for boys is "always wear a rubber unless you want child support payments".
You said a mouthful with this post. So much so, I decided to register so that I could respond. :biggrin:

It is indeed true that women are trained by society to repress their primal sexual urges, and many opt for a life of being an emotional dependent/cling-on, as a result. Thankfully, my upbringing was very different from most females, as my mother is/was a very free-spirited & openly sexual being. Of course, there is always the cultural pressure to conform... and if most women would be honest with themselves, they would admit that there have been times in their lives when they desperately wanted to accept a certain man's sexual advances, but felt it would be "wrong" to do so.

I think the way in which girls/women are taught to perceive sex, results in an emotionally immature personality. IMO, men are the only ones who are actually capable of feeling true love, because they don't fall for every person they have sex with. They understand the difference between a good f*ck and genuine, heartfelt caring for another human being. Women, on the other hand, are rarely schooled in the ability to distinguish one from the other. Where sex is concerned, it's not simply a case of "women don't enjoy sex", but rather.... have never been taught how to enjoy it.

Also, I'd like to add that, IMO, most women don't "choose" to be virgins. They guard their cherries like Fort Knox because they have been told that this is "the right & proper thing to do". It is the 21st century and, sadly, sex is still regarded as something dirty & immoral unless you "love" the person you're doing it with. Quite frankly, I find that type of mentality nauseating, unrealistic & childish.

Lastly, I would just like to say that sex is much like eating, sleeping & using the restroom; it's a very basic need that must be satisfied from time to time, and repressing this natural urge will result in a seriously screwed up individual.

SadDude87

You said a mouthful with this post. So much so, I decided to register so that I could respond. :biggrin:

It is indeed true that women are trained by society to repress their primal sexual urges, and many opt for a life of being an emotional dependent/cling-on, as a result. Thankfully, my upbringing was very different from most females, as my mother is/was a very free-spirited & openly sexual being. Of course, there is always the cultural pressure to conform... and if most women would be honest with themselves, they would admit that there have been times in their lives when they desperately wanted to accept a certain man's sexual advances, but felt it would be "wrong" to do so.

I think the way in which girls/women are taught to perceive sex, results in an emotionally immature personality. IMO, men are the only ones who are actually capable of feeling true love, because they don't fall for every person they have sex with. They understand the difference between a good f*ck and genuine, heartfelt caring for another human being. Women, on the other hand, are rarely schooled in the ability to distinguish one from the other. Where sex is concerned, it's not simply a case of "women don't enjoy sex", but rather.... have never been taught how to enjoy it.

Also, I'd like to add that, IMO, most women don't "choose" to be virgins. They guard their cherries like Fort Knox because they have been told that this is "the right & proper thing to do". It is the 21st century and, sadly, sex is still regarded as something dirty & immoral unless you "love" the person you're doing it with. Quite frankly, I find that type of mentality nauseating, unrealistic & childish.

Lastly, I would just like to say that sex is much like eating, sleeping & using the restroom; it's a very basic need that must be satisfied from time to time, and repressing this natural urge will result in a seriously screwed up individual.
Good post, couldn't agree more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00