Women, I am perplexed by your ways.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Lost., Jan 11, 2010.

1. Lost.

Lost. Well-Known Member

I've been told that i'm attractive enough.

I've been told that i've had girls checking me out and hiding to sneak a second glance before.

However, just being out and about, I might as well be invisible.

I barely get eye contact, if any at all.

I never get approached or have women openly take interest in me at all.

I've suffered a lot of anger and self-esteem issues as a result.

Why must women make things so complicated?

How do you react to a male you are attracted to? Perhaps I am missing the signs.
  2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Sometimes you have to take what you want.

In our society it is generally the man's job to take the initiative in courting...

Hit on her. If she's receptive go from there if not just back off and move on.
  3. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Women are bad and Men are bad.

My current prespective on love is........become a nun!!!
  4. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Have you ever approached females?
  5. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Women like to think they're complex, but they're not really. Generally, they're quite honest.
  6. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

women rarely do the asking... they want a man to make the 1st move...there is no sure way to meet woman without facing rejection at some point which i think is part of the problem here....I may be wrong on this point but I think u might be deflecting blame here as u seem to be suggesting its the womens fault for not showing their interest.. where the problem lies is they could be waiting for u to show an interest...either way I think u might have a problem with rejection and u need to deal with that so that u can move forward...just my 2cents but im no expert
  7. Rayne

Rayne Well-Known Member

You should realise, a lot of these women are probably thinking "Wow, that guy is really cute. I wonder why he won't come and talk to me.."

Women aren't complicated - we think its obvious that we like you, honestly we do. But more often than not, the signs are easy to miss. The majority of women won't just go up to a guy and tell him that she's interested. That said, there's always exceptions etc, etc.

Regardless of how attractive you are, self esteem issues with make women over look you for the most part, as sad as it is. Women read a lot into body language. Also, you should probably get help for your anger issues before you persue a relationship of any form..

Where are you when you're "out and about"? I don't know many people who approach people in the street, for example.

As for how I am around men I'm interested in.. hm..

Previously, I'd just go straight up to people and ask them out or at least make my intentions totally clear. But these were usually people I knew, deep down, wouldn't work out long-term.. Usually, people would approach me though. Then I met someone in the summer and I realised I actually really cared about them.. wanted a real relationship with them. Because I knew I'd be incredibly hurt if I was refused, I didn't tell them. Instead I gave very slight hints which, admittedly, were pretty hard to notice. They could easily be explained away, interpreted in a way that made me seem like I just wanted to be good friends. If you have low self esteem, isn't it possible that you just don't believe anyone would be interested and you're missing these small signs that most women give?

This post turned out a lot longer than I was expecting so I'll stop now XD
  8. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I'm much too dense to know when someone is flirting with me, or wants me to talk with them...
    I'm also too paranoid of people; thinking that everyone wants to hurt me-- so I keep my distance.

I'm really not the right person to ask; as I was only ever in one relationship and have very little experience with guys...
    From what I can tell- guys have to take the first step in initial contact.
    Girls seem to prefer it that way... I think.
  9. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

As a girl, I would never go approach a guy in that kind of way. I have always waited for them to come over and start talking.

Maybe if you try going over and talking, you might have more luck. We are complicated but not impossible ;)
  10. Fdt

Fdt Well-Known Member

This is something it took my aaaaages to even work out, I used to always get the impression girls weren't interested in me because they'd never make the effort to pursue me. It wasn't all that long ago when I realised I was the one that was going to need to take the initiative if I was ever going to have any luck with girls. Which for me is unfortunate since I've never really been friends with a female since the age of 11, and I'm shit scared of rejection, even the thought of being rejected as a friend horrifies me.
  11. Maxie

Maxie Active Member

Yeah,men have to make the first move. :)

Remember too:you might get 20 turn-downs for every date. I'm not trying to depress you,that is how it is for all of us.

Learn not to take it personally. Every time you flirt with or ask a woman out,it's good practice,and flirting is fun!

Flirt with cashiers and waitresses and every woman you can. It's fun practice.