Women's World Cup 2015 - 6th June to 5th July

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Cicada 3301, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

So the women's football world cup starts today in Canada and I found an article about it which was a good read if anyone is interested. A lot of people have been saying for a long time now how heavily underrepresented women's football is. With estimations of a billion viewings throughout the tournament (52 matches) hopefully this inspires more women to play and enjoy the world's most popular sport ;)

Here's the link - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33019625

I myself was brought up with football from a young age and I taught my younger sister (shes now 18) how to play and we both grew up playing and training together. She has since gone on to play for many teams and has won a hell of a lot more trophies than I have. You know, a lot of people say that women's football is boring or that they are physically not as strong as men and so it's not as good to watch. Play against my sister and she will prove to you otherwise, you will end up on your backside and will have lost the ball :lol: It should just be like athletics, where there is equal representation and both male and female competitions are incredibly fun to watch!

Anyway, me and my sister will be catching a lot of games and if you are interested in watching I have the schedule for the matches and what channel they will be on. This is only for the UK I think. The first game is today on BBC Three, between the host nation, Canada and China. Coverage starts at 22:30 (GMT), but I think there will be some sort of opening ceremony so kick-off may be around 23:00.

Here's the schedule - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32951310

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2015
  2. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

Might be the only shot an England team have at winning a world cup these days so yeah will watch some of the games.

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

This is awesome! I am in the US, and I am following the Stanley Cup Finals. I will see what is playing on our stations here. Exciting stuff!

4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

5. Cicada 3301

So true :lol:

Finally a good game is on. Germany (no.1 rank) are playing Ivory Coast. They are killing it, 1-0 already, 6 minutes gone

Edit: lmao 5-0! after 35 mins

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015
  6. Cicada 3301

The Germany vs Ivory Coast game finished 10-0!

You guys won 3-1 yesterday, congrats!

-------------

England play France today at 6 pm, BBC 2 if anyone is interested!

7. DrownedFishOnFire

8. DrownedFishOnFire

USA beat Japan!

Payback!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.