Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Beka, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

Starting to wonder if this mental health assessment is even worth it.

Everyone's treating me differently. I can understand my mum expecting me to snap. The only person treating me the same is my friend Jade. I've all but lost contact with Ebz and Adam is acting like there's nothing wrong anymore.

Ebz why the hell have we lost touch? Why does it feel like you're going to criticize me about everything? And Adam, when the hell did you stop caring when you claimed that you would always be there for me. I know I'm a handful but seriously I don't want to lose you. I hardly ever talk to you about things now because I already feel like I'm being burden.

Just once, I would like someone to look at me and ask me what's wrong. Instead people act as if I'm completely fine now I've got this stupid assessment.

It's driving me mad. I literally feel like I'm falling apart and I'm going to completely lose myself.

I keep looking at my arm and thinking I've ruined everything.

Nothing good will come of this assessment they'll most likely turn around and say I'm doing it for attention and say there's nothing wrong with me. Then I really will lose everyone and I seriously can't have that.
  2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi Beka. I have nothing profound to say. I do hope that you can tell the person who is doing the asessment what you said here. Your fears re nothing good coming of the assessment. And also how hard it is for you. Please try to make sure they know how you are feeling. And that it is very real. Please try to decide that you are going to find the way to make sure they understand.
  3. Cariad_Bach

Cariad_Bach Staff Alumni

They do treat us differently... and it bothers us because we're still the same person.

Or they act like nothing has changed... and it bothers us because we're trying to accept things that we ignored before.

Nothing is ever ruined forever. Talk to people about what you want and need. Only some people understand mental illness, and that can feel isolating. But your friends can still understand you, if you talk to them and let them know how you're feeling.

Also - I always say this but try writing down what you need the assessor to know. It will help them to understand, and makes sure you dont miss anything important out.
  4. Beka

Beka Well-Known Member

It just sucks because they knew about everything you know? And they were fine knowing about it when I was even more of a mess than I am now and now I'm having all these assessments it's like they feel like they can run away.
  5. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Beka, I am so sorry if they feel like they can run away. Its horrible. I am glad Jade is smart enough to stay by you. I hope something very good comes from this assessment. i hope you can get some really good help. Because that is so important. AND I hope that family and friends can see your good heart and all the good in you. i hope people can realize you are the same good person you always were. Sometimes it takes people a bit of time to come around. I hope they do come around. And I hope it is very soon. You deserve support. I am hoping that the assesements will result in some good help for you. :hug:
  6. dizgrace

dizgrace Member

Hey, sorry I havent been on for a while. Im so sorry, i thought you and Ebz were still close, and Adam, It's not fair that they're doing this, I'm not able to be there as much but i still worry and care about you, and you know you can always talk. I'd talk to you about anything I hope you feel you can do the same. And don't ever say you're a handful, you aren't and anyone that thinks that is wrong, you are you, that doesn't make you a handful, that makes you unique and special and wonderful. And a bloody amazing friend btw ^^ chin up hun, and hopefully ill be able to see you when im home next weekend x