Wonderings

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Freya, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Not so very long ago I had stopped believing in love - had concluded that it was something at existed only in other peoples' realities. I had convinced myself that I was unlovable. It turns out that is not true. I am loved and he is wonderful - if I tried to explain how wonderful you would suspect I had imagined or dreamed him, so I will not attempt it.

There is nothing in the world I am more sure of than him - but there are still things about love I wonder about - question - doubt.

Do you think it is fairlytale naivety to suppose that love should make everything better? That having that person - the one who accepts and loves you just as you are, the one who stays even when you are beyond impossible - that having that someone - should make everything okay? Perhaps not amazing, certainly not always happy, but in the end okay? Can love do that?

Do you think that there is always an imbalance? A need greater on one side than the other? Of course circumstances affect need, as does history and personality, some people refuse to need anyone or anything - some people have more in their life - have a greater personal security. Is it possible for love to be equal and balanced or is it natural for one person to have more invested, for one person to carry the other, for one to take more and one give more?

Do you think love ever really comes without boundry or condition, without fear - or is that just Disney propaganda and about as likely as that everyone will spontaneously break into song with small animals? Is there such a thing as love that conquors all?

I do not want this to become a soapbox thread - I know there are no definitive answers and everyone's opinion is welcome and respected. I just want to know what people think.

Thank you :grouphug:

2. ThornThatNeverHeals

ThornThatNeverHeals Well-Known Member

I think sometimes you have to take a special thing and run with it. he saw you, knew how special you were, and ran with your heart. I hope that he can be special enough to deserve your heart, but only time can tell love. Just do your best, and dont let doubt or fear ruin happiness. You know the saying "it is better to love and have lost than to never have loved at all" how can yuo know what will happen if you get scared and stop everythign before it can even start? take a chance and enjoy life frey :)

3. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I am going to base what I say on what I have experienced so far. I don't believe that love solves everything and makes everything okay. Love does give you support, security and that feeling that should everything else falls apart, you still have love. It is undeniably one of the best feelings in the world and if I did not have love I probably would have committed suicide a long time ago. But with love, you also need to love yourself. Nor should you make someone your everything, because when they are gone you are left with nothing. It makes my relationship difficult when I have a defeatist attitude and hatred for myself. Also, I one of these people who has everything one could possibly wish for, yet I am still left with such emotional torment that I feel I may as well not have anything at all. Love will not cure my mental illness, unfortunately so no matter how strong it is, it will not make everything better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.