Woo Hoo, I requested this !

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Fatman1966, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

Well guys and gals, I have been away for a while, lost in a new found "relationship", no not that kind of "relationship" before you ask ! just a new friend, ok he's very cute, but far to young at 21 ! for that to be a consideration, oh yeah and the fact that he's straight, that kinda put things in there place, lol

Ok, I'm a living fossil compared to most of you, at 40 !!!!, but, this new found friend, is the first, that has known I am gay, right from the start, crazy at my age, but true, only recently, having been comfortable enough to "come out" to close friends and family, again bonkers at my, but this is an issue close to my heart, I had a less than ideal upbringing for a gay man, homophobic parents, although I'm sure if you ask them now, they would deny they were ever like that ? dear old mum and dad, still don't know I'm gay and probably never will, unless my "situation" changes.

Why did I request this space, well browsing through the forum, I have come across the odd post, where the replies, showed a complete lack of knowledge of what its like to be a gay man and not be too happy about it, for what ever reason, parents, back ground, location, it doesn't really matter, over the years, if you are that type of person, like me, that can become a very self destructive force in your life, I should know, I have been there and back agian

So if you are one of that 1 in 10, the fear not, it isn't the end of world, don't make that same mistake I did and put your life on hold for like 26 years, only to get a grip and move on, at the grand old age of 40 !

Do I want to ram my sexuality down other folks throats ! No
    Am I out and proud, no not really
    Does it really have to be that big a deal, no
    People I want to know, I have told, others can mind their own business

Can you be a manly man, be gay and still be happy, I don't know ?

But

I am sure as hell going to have a good do at finding out !

Any questions ? feel free to ask away, not sure I'll have any answers, but what I can do is tell you how it was for me and hope that helps.

Take care
    Have fun
    Be safe

Paul

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2007
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

it's great to here you've found a good friend:)

3. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

I think its cool you found a new friend to hang out with, and even if your too old for him, and his straight, its good to have friends that age for you...keep you young. :)

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

:wootrock: GO PAUL....see I told ya it would be ok :tongue: :hug:

5. Fatman1966

Fatman1966 Antiquitie's Friend

Hehehehehehe

So you did, thanks for the advise (and every one else as well !)

As always, it takes a while, but I'm getting there.

And about time too, lol

I'm such a dumbass, for letting it be such a big deal.

:groupwave:grouphug:

6. TranceAngel

TranceAngel Well-Known Member

good for you, i'm glad you have a friend...we all need those! i'm proud of you for your attitude..

7. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

im happy for you :)